[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: xtraeme
Date: Thu Jan 24 07:17:34 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c/patches: patch-aa patch-ac patch-ad
Update to 1.10.
Major updates since version 1.9 include:
* Support for XML 1.1 and Namespaces in XML 1.1.
* Added support for IBM XLC 7.0 compiler on Linux.
* Improved and stabilized C pluggable memory management functionality.
* Various improvements in Xalan XML serializers for better performance and
* Upgrade from Xerces-C 2.6 to Xerces-C 2.7.
Major updates since version 1.8 include:
* Pluggable Memory Management. This feature allows applications to maintain
precise control over memory allocations. This will allow users, with
knowledge of their application's characteristics, to provide a more
efficient allocation method than the general purpose procedures provided
by the system. for more information on how to use this feature, please see
the Pluggable Memory Management section of the Programming page.
* Improved stability on the execution of large stylesheets and XML documents.
Because the current implementation relies on function recursion, certain
stylesheets/input documents may cause the program stack to overflow and
cause the application to fail. It also may inhibit executing stylesheets
that are heavily dependent on recursive functions. This feature will
prevent these types of failure.
* Provided a global option to pool all text node strings. This feature
allows developers to set a flag to determine if a parsed source tree will
pool the values of all of the text nodes in the XML document. By doing so,
this can result in a significant reduction in memory usage, particularly
if there are a lot of repeated values in text nodes. Please see the class
descriptions for XalanSourceTreeDocument, XalanDefaultParsedSource, and
XalanTransformer in the API Reference section for more information.
... and more, see: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/whatsnew.html
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.23 -r1.24 pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/xalan-c/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |