Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/monit
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Stoned Elipot <email@example.com>
Date: 12/15/2007 16:41:53
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: seb
Date: Sat Dec 15 16:41:53 UTC 2007
pkgsrc/sysutils/monit: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/sysutils/monit/patches: patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad patch-ae
patch-af patch-ag patch-ah
Update to version 4.10.1.
Placate pkglint. Most of the package's patches had been integrated.
Approved by heinz@
Changes since last packaged version (4.9):
* When monit sent alert, it reported that alert handler failed,
which was not true and the message was delivered in fact. This
bug was introduced in monit-4.10.
* Fix the memory usage report on machines with more then 4GB
physical memory running Mac OS X.
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* Monit from this version on is licensed under GPL version 3
* Added support for SMTP authentication and SSL for sending alerts.
- plain athentication:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden"
- plain athentication with ssl:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden" using sslv3
- plain athentication with tls:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden" using tlsv1
Thanks to Thomas Lohmueller for patch.
* Allow to set the location of monirc using 'configure --sysconfdir'
option during monit compilation. Thanks to Klaus Heinz for patch.
* Monit now log user actions requested via monit's http interface.
* Monit http interface now use the POST method for forms
(change is transparent from the user point of view).
* Monit ICMP echo/ping test now supports 20 echo requests per cycle at
* When monit identifies the process as zombie, continue the monitoring
(formerly monit disabled monitoring of the given service and sent alert
since it was considered unmanageable).
* Fixed #21447: Monit now adds a (dummy) Message-id header in alert
mails to prevent any spam checkers to accidental filter out monit
alerts based on missing message-id.
* Removed C99 particulars from monit code to support non-C99 compilers.
* Removed support for local redirects in the HTTP protocol test. Users
must provide the correct path for the resource they want to test.
* Fixed a possible monit crash on exit if a match rule was used and
referred a file containing multiple expressions. Thanks to Stephen
Dowdy for report.
* Added patch from Klaus Heinz which fix a problem in the Log module
that had monit using an uninitialized mutex after a monitrc reload.
* Fixed a possible crash on monit start when the monit control file
contained exec action with argument longer then 256 bytes. Thanks
to Stevan Bajic for report.
* Fixed linux 32-bit system CPU usage statistics (the fix in 4.9 was
incomplete). If a server had a long/large uptime and high load, the
reported CPU usage could be incorrect. Thanks to Aleksander for report.
* Fixed a problem where monit would incorrect display an error in the
web interface status page. This could occur if a service had failed,
monit had reload and the state of the service had passed just after the
reload (for example due to changes of the configuration rules). Thanks to
Claus Klein for report and help with the patch.
* Avoid filling the log with "pidfile does not contain a valid pidnumber"
entries during debug
* Added patch from Dave Cheney, which fix and reactivate resource testing
for Mac OS X Tiger (Darwin 10.4.x).
* Limit the number of consecutive redirects in http protocol test to 64.
* Report as error when the redirect in http protocol test points to itself.
* Fix memory leak when regular expresion is used in monit configuration
and monit is reloaded. Thanks to Josh Kelley for patch.
* Allow the "if changed timestamp" test to refer to a non-existing file.
This could be useful if the service is monitored in non-active mode
and the file is expected to be created later.
* When 'if match' statement was used with the path to the regex file
containing more then one line and the exec action was used for this
rule, then monit failed to parse the configuration and refused to start.
Thanks to Nathan for report.
* contrib/wap.php updated. Thanks to David Fletcher.
* Fixed #21354: Usage of the IMAP Protocol test was impossible due to a small
typo in the control file parser and the test would fall back to DEFAULT.
Thanks to Wolfgang Breyha for reporting the bug.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r220.127.116.11 -r1.2 pkgsrc/sysutils/monit/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/sysutils/monit/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r0 pkgsrc/sysutils/monit/patches/patch-ab \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.