Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/mrtg
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <email@example.com>
Date: 01/10/2007 14:25:40
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: martti
Date: Wed Jan 10 14:25:40 UTC 2007
pkgsrc/net/mrtg: Makefile distinfo
Updated net/mrtg to 2.15.0
* Free positioning of a generated ifIndex in the OID string using
the magic IndexPOS keyword
* When doing threshold checking with rrdtool, there was a very expensive
'getting the data back with rrdinfo and rrdfetch' cycle after each
rrdupdate. with rrdtool 1.2 and the updatev function this is not
necessary anymore the new code speeds up mrtg cycle time by a factor of 3
to 10 depending on your platform.
* Threshold Un-Borken Messages will only be generated when the value is 10%
away from the threshold. Configurable via ThreshHyst
* New function thresholdmail lets you send an email when a threshold
is broken. This feature talks directly to the mailserver and does
not require any external programs.
* New template writers helper function in cfgmaker - oid_pick. It tests if a
device is willing to supply information regarding a particular oid. This
makes template writing much more plesant.
* added new tool mrtg-traffic-sum to build traffic stats based on the
content of your mrtg log (not rrd) files.
* mrtg running with rrdtool can now do sub-minute resolution if the interval
is specified like that: 0:30 ... note that you can not change the
resolution of an existing rrd file. So this will only have the desired
effect on new rrds. Also note that the graphing frontend may need changes
too to be able to deal with the new interval type. Internally interval is
now a float!
* new debug option 'prof' to see how long rrdtool spends on its writes ...
* fixed snmpv3 support in cfgmaker
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.76 -r1.77 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches/patch-ad
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.