Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gmp
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <email@example.com>
Date: 12/09/2006 03:38:16
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jnemeth
Date: Sat Dec 9 03:38:16 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/devel/gmp: Makefile buildlink3.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches: patch-ab patch-ac
Update to GNU MP 4.2.1
Changes between GMP version 4.2 and 4.2.1
* Shared library numbers corrected.
* Broken support for 32-bit AIX fixed.
* Misc minor fixes.
* Exact division (mpz_divexact) now falls back to plain division for large
* Support for some new systems.
Changes between GMP version 4.1.4 and 4.2
* Minor bug fixes and code generalizations.
* Expanded and improved test suite.
* Many minor optimizations, too many to mention here.
* Division now always subquadratic.
* Computation of n-factorial much faster.
* Added basic x86-64 assembly code.
* Floating-point output is now subquadratic for all bases.
* FFT multiply code now about 25% faster.
* Toom3 multiply code faster.
* Much improved configure.
* Workarounds for many more compiler bugs.
* Temporary allocations are now made on the stack only if small.
* New systems supported: HPPA-2.0 gcc, IA-64 HP-UX, PowerPC-64 Darwin,
* New i386 fat binaries, selecting optimised code at runtime (--enable-fat).
* New build option: --enable-profiling=instrument.
* New memory function: mp_get_memory_functions.
* New Mersenne Twister random numbers: gmp_randinit_mt, also now used for
* New random functions: gmp_randinit_set, gmp_urandomb_ui, gmp_urandomm_ui.
* New integer functions: mpz_combit, mpz_rootrem.
* gmp_printf etc new type "M" for mp_limb_t.
* gmp_scanf and friends now accept C99 hex floats.
* Numeric input and output can now be in bases up to 62.
* Comparisons mpz_cmp_d, mpz_cmpabs_d, mpf_cmp_d recognise infinities.
* Conversions mpz_get_d, mpq_get_d, mpf_get_d truncate towards zero,
previously their behaviour was unspecified.
* Fixes for overflow issues with operands >= 2^31 bits.
* mpfr is gone, and will from now on be released only separately. Please see
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.41 -r1.42 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ab \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.