Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/gnupg
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/06/2006 23:00:46
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed Dec 6 23:00:46 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/security/gnupg: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 1.4.6:
Noteworthy changes in version 1.4.6 (2006-12-06)
* Fixed a serious and exploitable bug in processing encrypted
* Fixed a buffer overflow in gpg. [bug#728, CVE-2006-6169]
(already fixed in pkgsrc)
* Fixed a bug while decrypting certain compressed and encrypted
* Added --s2k-count to set the number of times passphrase mangling
is repeated. The default is 65536 times.
* Added --passphrase-repeat to set the number of times GPG will
prompt for a new passphrase to be repeated. This is useful to
help memorize a new passphrase. The default is 1 repetition.
* Added a GPL license exception to the keyserver helper programs
gpgkeys_ldap, gpgkeys_curl, and gpgkeys_hkp, to clarify any
potential questions about the ability to distribute binaries
that link to the OpenSSL library. GnuPG does not link directly
to OpenSSL, but libcurl (used for HKP, HTTP, and FTP) and
OpenLDAP (used for LDAP) may. Note that this license exception
is considered a bug fix and is intended to forgive any
violations pertaining to this issue, including those that may
have occurred in the past.
* Man pages are now build from the same source as those of GnuPG-2.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.92 -r1.93 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.19 -r1.20 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.44 -r1.45 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/patches/patch-al
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.