Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/monotone
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/18/2006 15:36:35
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Mon Sep 18 15:36:35 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/devel/monotone: Makefile distinfo
Update to 0.30. I think this is the first release that passes the full
test suite out of the box!
OK'ed by wiz@ during freeze.
0.30 release. Speed improvements, bug fixes, and improved
Several internal data formats have changed with this release;
migration is straight-forward, but slightly more complicated
-- The formats used to store some cached data in the
database have changed. To upgrade your databases, you
$ mtn -d mydb.mtn db migrate
$ mtn -d mydb.mtn db regenerate_rosters
-- The metadata stored in _MTN in each workspace has been
rearranged slightly. To upgrade your workspaces, you
$ mtn migrate_workspace
in each workspace.
All of these operations are completely lossless, and 0.30
remains compatible with earlier versions with regards to
- Algorithm used to find branch heads rewritten, to use vastly
less memory and cpu. This not only makes 'mtn heads'
faster, but also 'mtn commit', 'mtn update', and other
commands, which were spending most of their time in this
- The format used in the database to store the roster cache
was rewritten. This makes initial pull approximately twice
as fast, and somewhat improves the speed of restricted log,
annotate, and so on.
- The xdelta algorithm was further optimized.
- A memory leak in Botan was fixed, which was causing
excessive memory and CPU time to be spent during 'mtn
- Monotone has fast-paths for doing character set conversion
when the system it is running on uses plain ASCII. These
fast-paths now know that "646" is another name used for
ASCII, and systems that use this name (like some BSDs) now
benefit from the fast-paths.
- Miscellaneous other improvements.
Workspace format changes:
- It is now possible to write down a multi-parent (merge)
workspace. However, monotone will still refuse to work with
such a workspace, and there is no way to create one. This
change merely sets up infrastructure for further changes.
- _MTN/revision no longer contains only the parent revision
id; if you depended on this in scripts, use 'mtn automate
get_base_revision_id' instead. Also, _MTN/work has been
- 'mtn status' now includes the branch name and parent
revision id in its output.
- The output of 'mtn annotate' and 'mtn annotate --brief' has
been switched. The more human-readable output is now the
- 'mtn pluck' now gives an error message if the requested
operation would have no effect.
- On command line syntax errors, usage information is now
printed to stderr instead of stdout. (Output requested with
--help still goes to stdout.) This should make it easier to
find bugs in scripts.
- While changelog messages have always been defined to UTF-8,
we were not properly converting messages from the user's
locale. This has now been fixed.
- An off-by-one error that caused some operations to abort
with an error message about "cancel_size <
pending_writes_size" has been fixed.
- In 0.29, --help output was not localized. This has been
- In 0.29, setting merger = "emacs" would not work unless
EDITOR was also set to "emacs" (and similar for vi). This
has been fixed.
- A rare invariant violation seen when performing certain
sequences of renames/adds in the workspace has been fixed.
- If a user failed to resolve the conflicts in a text file, we
would continue asking them to resolve conflicts in remaining
files, even though the merge could not succeed. We now exit
immediately on failure.
- Work around some g++ 3.3 brokenness.
- Imported *-merge documents into the manual (they still need
to be cleaned up to fit in better).
Changes to automate:
- Bug fix in 'attributes': this command is supposed to list
attributes that were removed from a file in the current
revision; instead, it was listing all attributes that had
ever been removed from that file. Now fixed.
- New command 'get_corresponding_path': given a revision A, a
path P, and a revision B, looks up the file with name P in
revision A, and states what path it had in revision B.
- New command 'get_content_changed': given a revision A and a
path P, gives the ancestor of A in which P was last
- New command 'get_option': Fetches variables from
_MTN/options (e.g., the current workspace's branch and
- New command 'genkey': an automate-friendly way to generate a
new monotone key.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.27 -r1.28 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.19 -r1.20 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.