Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11/gdm
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/15/2006 15:19:35
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Fri Sep 15 15:19:35 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/x11/gdm: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.16.0:
- Minor improvements to SDTLOGIN logic, used on Solaris to drop the
Xserver to user permissions for added security.
- Translation updates (Subhransu Behera, \305\275ygimantas Beru\304\215ka,
Runa Bhattacharjee, Stanislav Brabec, Abel Cheung, Theppitak
Karoonboonyanan, Gabor Kelemen, Duarte Loreto, Jordi Mallach, Jovan
Naumovski, Roozbeh Pournader, Josep Puigdemont i Casamaj\303\263,
Rajesh Ranjan, Hendrik Richter, Danilo \305\240egan, Mugurel Tudor,
Funda Wang, Matic \305\275gur)
- Highlights from the 2.15 release cycle. GDM was enhanced to use
giochannel for communication between the daemon and slaves and goption
instead of popt. gdmsetup startup performance improved, and the
"Options" button usability has been further improved. The following
bugs were fixed.
327530 - Ensure login window always has focus.
341619 - No longer save "Failsafe" sessions as user's default login.
- Now gdmlogin centers cursor in the GUI to ensure that the login
window always has focus. Fixes bug 327530.
- Translation updates (Subhransu Behera, Rahul Bhalerao, Wouter
Bolsterlee, Maxim Dziumanenko, Artur Flinta, Leonid Kanter,
Gabor Kelemen, Priit Laes, Ani Peter, Hendrik Richter, Satoru
SATOH, Funda Wang
- The iochannel fix in 2.15.8 broke the face browser when using
gdmgreeter. Now fixed. (Ray Strode)
- Fix so that focus never leaves the user/password entry when using
the gdmgreeter Options button. The previous fixes for this didn't
take into account the situation where the user pops up the menu,
but doesn't select an option. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix error message that gets printed when you try to run GDM
daemon as a non-root user. (Brian Cameron)
- The configure script now supports the Xserver installed in
/usr/bin/Xorg. (Ray Strode)
- Remove calls to syslog/malloc that are called from inside signal
handlers, since they are not safe. (Ray Strode)
- Improved commands in GDM configuration files. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Subhransu Behera, Rahul Bhalerao, Inaki Larranaga,
Jovan Naumovski, Ankit Patel, Ani Peter)
- Fix to bugs causing gdmchooser to core dump when started.
- Translation updates (Pawan Chitrakar, Christophe Merlet,
Francisco Javier F. Serrador)
- Now GDM does not save Failsafe GNOME or Failsafe Xterm as the
user's default session, so the user does not lose their
default setting when using Failsafe (bug #341619).
- Updated GDM's slave/daemon message handling so it uses
giochannel internal buffering. This should prevent messages
from getting lost. (Ray Strode)
- Performance improvements to gdmsetup start-up. (Ray Strode)
- Fix for compiling with GCC 2.95. (Jens Granseuer)
- Translation updates (Beno\303\256t Dejean, Christophe Merlet,
Lukas Novotny, Ahmad Riza H Nst, Kostas Papadimas, Hendrik
- Timed Login message fixed so it works when TimedLogin is set to a
- Fix decoding of suspend command so it works.
- Make sure that focus is returned to entry after dialogs are launched
from the new Options button.
- NoHost icon updated to use official GNOME logo. New default face
image with a facelift.
- Scrolling regions in gdmsetup User tab are now scrollable
vertically, improving UI experience. gdmsetup now generates a
proper error message and fails when it can't find the custom
- Translation updates (Runa Bhattacharjee, Raivis Dejus, I. Felix,
Yair Hershkovitz, Inaki Larranaga, Chao-Hsiung Liao, Dukas Novotny,
Daniel Nylander, Rajesh Ranjan, Hendrick Richter, Ilkka Tuohela)
- Correction to autologin PAM service name so automatic login works.
- Fix compiler warnings that were causing core dumping issues on
some platforms (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Josep Puigdemont Casamaj\303\263,
- Correction for serious security issue where the user can enter the
GDM configuration GUI with a user password when the Face Browser
is enabled. Refer to bugzilla.gnome.org bug #343476 (Brian
Cameron) This issue impacts all versions of GDM 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199,
2.14.0-2.14.7, and 2.15.0-2.15.3. This issue was reported to
vendor-sec one week ago and has ID #CVE-2006-2452.
- Fixed bug where when the "Include All" button is modified in the
Users tab, the Automatic/Timed login dropdown lists update
properly. (Brian Cameron)
- Now gdmflexiserver calls gdmcomm_check with FALSE so it will not
pop up a dialog. gdmflexiserver can be run with the --command
option which can be used when the user does not have permission to
a DISPLAY, so trying to show a dialog was causing gdmflexiserver
to core dump when the check failed. (Brian Cameron)
- Added gestures to the AccessKeyMouseEvents configuration file
so that users can access more accessibility features using
dwell gestures. (Brian Cameron)
- Now Welcome message is saved in the configuration file in
UTF-8 format for better readibility. (Frederic Peters)
- The GDM daemon once again supports the -nodaemon option.
- Improvements to Face Browser. Now do not ask the user to
re-enter username on password failure. The cancel button
must now be used to unselect a user. (Brian Cameron)
- Now when GTK+ style buttons are used in gdmgreeter themes,
focus always returns to the entry field after clicking on
a button. (Brian Cameron)
- Now per-display configuration works for greeter/SystemMenu
and greeter/ChooserButton keys. (Brian Cameron)
- "make install" no longer fails if chown fails. (Brian
- If authdir is the fallback dir. If not, and GDM cannot
access the user's $HOME directory, then try and use the
fallback directory. (Arjan Timmerman)
- Translation updates (Pema Geyleg, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan,
Gabor Kelemen, Priit Laes, Kjartan Maraas, Ankit Patel,
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Francisco Javier F. Serrador,
Clytie Siddall, Alexander Shopov, Vincent van Adrighem)
- No longer use popt in favor of glib's GOption command line parsing.
Note that this removes the single-dash options GDM used to support
(such as the gdm -nodaemon option which is now --nodaemon) which
were originally supported so GDM would be more like XDM. Users who
depend on the single dash options will need to change to use the
non-deprecated double-dash options. (Christian Kirbach)
- Fix bug that was causing ShowGnomeFailsafeSession and
ShowGnomeXtermSession configuration values to not work. (Brian
- Now add gdm-ssh-session to distribution tarball, and fix the
ssh-session.desktop file so that it sets the right TryExec
value even if --libexecdir isn't passed into configure.
- Use ngettext in gui/gdmcommon.c for building the Timed Login
message. (Benoit Dejean)
- Translation updates (Chao-Hsiung Liao, Gora Mohanty, Ankit Patel)
- Correct build to include translation files.
- Fix layout of new buttons in gdmgreeter themes.
- Translation updates (Alexander Shopov)
- Correct double free that was causing a core dump in the last release.
(Joe Marcus Clark)
- Improvements to signal handling, fixing problem where GDM slave can
hang on read. Fixes bug #336549. (Ed Catmur, Brian Cameron)
- "Start Over" string changed to "Start Again" after another round of
UI review (Brian Cameron, Calum Benson)
- Better configure support for FreeBSD. Now the default configuration
should be better integrated with kernel/system interfaces. (Joe
- Fix security/AllowRemoteAutoLogin and fix SuspendCommand configuration
so it honors SystemMenu. (Brian Cameron)
- Correct installation of gdm-ssh-session and now the desktop file is
translated. (Brian Cameron)
- Correct invocation of PreFetch, when enabled, so it only executes
once. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Josep Puigdemont Casamaj\303\263, Beno\303\256t
Dejean, Pema Geyleg, Inaki Larranaga, Daniel Nylander, Ignacio Casal
Quinteiro, Francisco Javier F. Serrador, Alexander Shopov, Ilkka
Tuohela, Funda Wang)
- Explicitly adjust the effective GID before running the child session
program to avoid remaining with high privileges. Fixes bug #340347.
(Julio M. Merino Vidal)
- Now allow the PAM Stack to be specified in the GDM configuration instead
of being hardcoded to "gdm". (Brian Cameron)
- Per-display configuration is now supported. The user may create
/etc/gdm/custom.conf:<dispnum> files (/etc/gdm/custom.conf:0 for display :0)
and GUI related configuration settings in the per-display file will override
for that display. (Brian Cameron)
- Greeter themes now support real GTK+ button types, making gdmgreeter
better support a11y and allow GTK themeable buttons. (Brian Cameron)
- New pam-error-logo greeter type to allow an image to be displayed only
when the PAM error message label is showing a message. (Brian Cameron)
- Updated config/gettextfoo.h to reflect current strings for translation.
Fixes bug #340017. (Brian Cameron)
- Updated comments in GDM configuration files (Brian Cameron)
- GDM now uses the string "Start Over" instead of "Cancel" in the GUI.
- Many updates to documentation. Explain gtk-theme greeter tag, new button and
pam-error-icon, and startover greeter types, and better info about PAM.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.117 -r1.118 pkgsrc/x11/gdm/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.29 -r1.30 pkgsrc/x11/gdm/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.41 -r1.42 pkgsrc/x11/gdm/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.