Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/m4
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/03/2006 08:56:26
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Sep 3 08:56:26 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/devel/m4: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.4.6:
Version 1.4.6 - 25 August 2006, by Eric Blake (CVS version 1.4.5a)
* Fix buffer overruns in regexp and patsubst macros when handed a trailing
backslash in the replacement text, or when handling \n substitutions
beyond the number of \(\) groups.
* Fix memory leak in regexp, patsubst, and changeword macros.
* The format macro now understands %F, %g, and %G.
* When loading frozen files, m4 now exits with status 63 if version
mismatch is detected.
* Fix bugs that occurred when invoked with stdout or stderr closed,
and detect write failures to stdout or to the target of the
debugfile macro. In particular, the syscmd and esyscmd macros can
no longer interfere with the debug stream or diversions.
* The m4exit macro now converts values outside the range 0-255 to 1.
* It is now an error if a command-line input file ends in the middle of a
comment, matching the behavior of mid-string and mid-argument
* The dnl macro now warns if end of file is encountered instead of a
* The error message when end of file is encountered now uses the file and
line where the dangling construct started, rather than `NONE:0:'.
* The debugmode and __file__ macros, and the -s/--synclines option, now
show what directory a file was found in when the -I/--include option or
M4PATH variable had an effect.
* The changequote and changecom macros now work with 8-bit characters, and
quotes and comments that begin with `(' are properly recognized
following a word.
* The new macro __program__ is added, which allows the input file to issue
an error message that resembles messages from m4. Warning and error
messages have been reformatted to comply with GNU Coding Standards.
* The errprint, m4wrap, and shift macros are now recognized only with
* The index, substr, translit, regexp, and patsubst macros now produce
output when given only one argument, but still warn about a missing
* The patsubst macro now reliably finds zero-length matches at the end
of a string.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.40 -r1.41 pkgsrc/devel/m4/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/devel/m4/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.