Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/monotone
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/18/2006 12:52:33
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Sun Jun 18 12:52:33 UTC 2006
pkgsrc/devel/monotone: Makefile distinfo
Update to 0.27. OK'ed by wiz@ during the freeze.
0.27 release. Minor bug fixes and enhancements, plus ssh
Major new features:
- Monotone can now push/pull/synchronize over arbitrary
bidirectional streams, not just raw TCP.
- File-to-file synchronization is enabled out of the box,
$ mtn -d db1.mtn sync file:/path/to/db2.mtn
- SSH synchronization is enabled out of the box, e.g.:
$ mtn -d local.mtn sync ssh://email@example.com/home/njs/remote.mtn
Note that this requires mtn be installed on the remote
computer, and locks the remote database while running; it
is not ideal for groups accessing a shared database.
- New protocols can be defined with Lua hooks -- for
example, someone could in principle make "$ mtn sync
xmpp://firstname.lastname@example.org" do something interesting.
- See section "Other Transports" under "Advanced Uses" in the
for more details.
Minor new features:
- Selectors now support escaping, e.g., b:foo\/bar can be used
to refer to a branch with name "foo/bar" (normally / is a
metacharacter that separates multiple selectors).
- Visual C++ can now build monotone on Windows. (Mostly
important because it allows better Windows debugging.)
- --quiet now turns tickers off, and does not turn warnings
off. New option --reallyquiet disables warnings as well.
- New command 'automate common_ancestors'.
- 'ls branches' now takes a pattern, e.g.:
$ mtn ls branches "*contrib*"
- Bug in select() loop fixed, server should no longer pause in
processing other clients while busy with one, but multiplex
- The database has a new write buffer which gives significant
speed improvements in initial pulls by cancelling redundant
- There's been a fair bit of performance tuning all around.
- Merge tools that exit in failure are now detected.
- Better reporting of operating system errors on Win32.
- Passphrases stored in ~/.monotonerc are no longer written to
the log file. (Passphrases entered at the terminal were
never written to the log file.)
- Fix sql injection bugs in selectors, making it safe to
expose slectors in web interfaces etc.
- Files marked with the mtn:execute attr now respect umask.
- 'automate' commands on Win32 now disable newline translation
on their output; this is especially important for 'automate
- 'db check' now calls the sqlite "PRAGMA integrity_check", to
validate the integrity of things like sqlite indices.
- 'mtn annotate nonexistent-file' now gives a proper error
message, instead of an assertion error.
- 'mtn revert --missing' now works correctly when run in a
- 'automate inventory' no longer fails when _MTN/work contains
- Many, many internal code cleanups
- Including changes to somewhat reduce the size of the
- New tutorial on using packets added to the manual
- Updated translations, improved error messages, etc.
- In the two months since 0.26 was released, zero serious bugs
have been reported in the new code.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.23 -r1.24 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.