Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/multimedia/gstreamer0.10
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <email@example.com>
Date: 01/18/2006 15:35:48
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Wed Jan 18 15:35:48 UTC 2006
Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/multimedia/gstreamer0.10
In directory ivanova.netbsd.org:/tmp/cvs-serv2509
Initial import of gstreamer0.10, version 0.10.1. This is an update of
gstreamer0.8 to the 0.10 series. Changes:
Changes since 0.10.0:
* element factory leak fixes
* tests cleanup
* BaseSrc seeking in other format than BYTES
* collectpad fixes
Bugs fixed since 0.10.0:
* 322441 : getcontext() in common/m4/gst-mcsc.m4 uses incorrect stac...
* 323041 : [BASESRC] basesrc does not handle a seek to non-bytes for...
* 323870 : [tools] gst-feedback needs updating for 0.9/0.10
* 323882 : gst-launch manpage needs updates
* 323905 : use return val of g_list_append
API added since 0.10.0:
Changes from the 0.8 series to 0.10 series:
* Refcounting and API revised for thread safety, see rules in
* Scheduling is now done by the elements, they start/stop
processing threads themselves. This removes the need for
a separate scheduler.
* State changes now happen from sink to source. This makes sure
that downstream elements are ready to process data when upstream
* EOS/ERROR/... does not change the state of elements anymore. This
means that when the application sets the state on an element, it
remains in this state.
* GMainLoop integration. Information on the state of the pipeline
is now received in the mainloop via the GstBus.
* Events move separate from the datastream, this allows for both
in and out of sync delivery of events.
* Generic _pull() replaced by _pull_region() so that random access
can be made faster.
* data passing happens from PAUSED, called the preroll phase. In this
state no data is rendered but it is queued in the sinks.
* negotiation simplified. Caps are now attached to buffers and travel
along with the datastream.
* GstBuffer is now subclassable.
* Ghostpads now look and feel like real pads.
* New Seeking/flushing policy.
* Addition of base classes and helper functions in the core to abstract
away the harder parts of plugin development.
Vendor Tag: TNF
Release Tags: pkgsrc-base
No conflicts created by this import