Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/31/2005 14:01:47
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: rillig
Date: Sat Dec 31 14:01:47 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files: pkglint.0 pkglint.1 pkglint.pl
- Restructured the header comment.
- Rewrote the message formatting.
- The indentation of explanations is changed to be always a tabulator
character instead of depending on the last message.
- In verbose mode, statistics about the frequency of the individual
messages are printed before exiting.
- The command line option -Wextra enables additional warnings that are
not enabled by default because I have been told that Alistair would kill
me for them. :)
- Improved the shell tokenizer by recognizing parentheses.
- Improved checking of pkgsrc-internal files (mostly in pkgsrc/mk).
- Added a (trivial) spellchecker.
- Added checks for shell code that ignores the exitcode of commands.
- Added checks for CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
- Avoided false positive warnings for absolute filenames in AWK code.
- Added checks for .for variables.
- Pkglint can check single files in directories that are three levels deep.
This is mostly useful for checking patch files.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.21 -r1.22 pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files/pkglint.0
cvs rdiff -r1.31 -r1.32 pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files/pkglint.1
cvs rdiff -r1.438 -r1.439 pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkglint/files/pkglint.pl
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.