Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/py-feedparser
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <email@example.com>
Date: 12/27/2005 14:33:22
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: schmonz
Date: Tue Dec 27 14:33:22 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/textproc/py-feedparser: DESCR Makefile distinfo
Update to 4.0. From the changelog:
* Support for Atom 1.0.
* Support for iTunes extensions.
* Support for dc:contributor.
* Universal Feed Parser now captures the feed's namespaces. See
Namespace Handling for details.
* Lots of things have been renamed to match Atom 1.0 terminology.
issued is now entries[i].published, modified is now entries[i].updated,
and url is now href everywhere. You can still access these elements
with the old names, so you shouldn't need to change any existing
code, but don't be surprised if you can't find them during
* category and categories have been replaced by tags, see feed.tags
and entries[i].tags. The old names still work.
* mode is gone from all detail and content dictionaries. It was
never terribly useful, since Universal Feed Parser unescapes
* entries[i].source is now a dictionary of feed metadata as per
section 4.2.11 of RFC 4287. Universal Feed Parser no longer
supports the RSS 2.0's source element.
* Content in unknown namespaces is no longer discarded (bug 993305)
* Lots of other bug fixes.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r188.8.131.52 -r1.2 pkgsrc/textproc/py-feedparser/DESCR
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/textproc/py-feedparser/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/textproc/py-feedparser/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.