Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/firefox-bin
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <email@example.com>
Date: 12/12/2005 18:49:48
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Mon Dec 12 18:49:48 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/www/firefox-bin: Makefile distinfo
Update to version 1.5
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an
update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a
megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button
- Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- Improvements to popup blocking.
- Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove
personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
- Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages,
redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
- Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and
assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader
for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available
information in applications and documents or show the information on
a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use
equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
- Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not
working in Firefox.
- Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile
migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and
- Many security enhancements.
Full release notes: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.html
XXX: Solaris packages available, need work.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/www/firefox-bin/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/www/firefox-bin/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.