Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/yasm
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/04/2005 20:00:01
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: kristerw
Date: Sun Dec 4 20:00:01 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/devel/yasm: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/yasm/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac
Update yasm to 0.4.0 using patches provided by FUKAUMI Naoki in PR pkg/30445.
New features since 0.2.2:
* ELF AMD64 and 32-bit shared object support (using the NASM notation
"WRT ..got", etc).
* STABS debugging format (enable with "-g stabs").
* NASM-like list format.
* XDF object format (64-bit basic format, similar in spirit to NASM's RDF).
* Dozens of bugfixes in x86 and AMD64 support.
* Numerous cross-platform build fixes.
* No perl dependencies for standard build.
* New man pages: yasm(1) and yasm_arch(7).
* Full support for ELF, including support for both AMD64 and 32-bit
x86 targets; note: for AMD64 output, the machine type must be set
to "amd64" using the "-m" command line option, e.g.
"yasm -m amd64 -f elf test.asm".
* Full warnings for integer overflow.
* Full support for AMD64 RIP-relative addressing; the two forms supported
are "[rip+val]" (direct index) and "[sym wrt rip]" (relocated relative).
* Many AMD64 bugfixes including correct operand size handling (and o64
override); thanks to the many bug reports to help improve YASM in this area!
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/devel/yasm/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/yasm/PLIST pkgsrc/devel/yasm/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/yasm/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.