Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/monotone
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/29/2005 00:27:12
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: dan
Date: Tue Nov 29 00:27:12 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/devel/monotone: Makefile distinfo
Update to 0.24
Major key management changes:
- Private keys are no longer stored in your database. They
are stored in ~/.monotone/keys/ (Unix, OS X) or
%APPDATA%\monotone\keys\ (Windows). 'db migrate' will
automatically move your keys out of your database and into
their proper location. Consequences:
- 'genkey' no longer requires a database. Simply run it
once when you first start using monotone, even before you
have created a database.
- Running 'genkey' once will suffice to give all databases
on one computer access to your key. No more fiddling with
- When you want to make your key available on another
computer, simply copy over the appropriate file from your
'keys' directory to the corresponding directory on the new
- Private keys also use a more standard on-disk envelope
encoding ("PBE-PKCS5v20(SHA-1,TripleDES/CBC)") instead of
previous ARC4. More secure, and with extra crypto karma.
- Command line syntax for 'serve' changed; administrators WILL
have to adjust scripts.
monotone serve my.host.com "*"
monotone serve --bind=my.host.com "*"
monotone serve "*"
(to serve on the default port, on all interfaces).
- Speaking of which, we can now bind to all interfaces; run
'serve' without passing --bind, or with passing
--bind=:port, and monotone will listen on all interfaces.
- New option '--key-to-push' for 'push', 'sync', allows
administrator to push a new user's public key into a running
server without restarting it.
- Netsync permission hooks have new defaults that read a
description of allowed access out of a standard,
basic_io-based textfile (the same stanza-based format that
revisions use). Current hooks will continue to work, but
users may prefer to transition to this format; see manual
- Between these, it is now straightforward to change
permissions and add users without restarting your server.
- Improvements to experimental "usher" facility.
- New convenience options "add --unknown", "drop --missing",
"revert --missing" do what you'd expect -- add all
non-ignored non-versioned files, drop all
deleted-but-undropped files, and restore all
deleted-but-undropped files, respectively.
- New selector "h:" to select heads of a branch. "h:" means
heads of current branch, "h:mybranch" means heads of
- Similarly, "b:" selector with no argument now refers to
- Commit messages now have a blank line at the top so you can
start typing directly.
- No more obscure error messages when multiple monotone
processes attempt to access a single database at the same
time; we now fail early with a more sensible error message.
(Concurrent access has never caused database corruption;
this simply makes the corruption prevention less frustrating
for the user.)
- New handlers for SIGTERM, SIGINT to rollback database
transactions. Not visible to users (unless you're really
looking carefully). (Again, killing monotone has never been
able to cause database corruption; this simply causes the
transactions to be rolled back immediately, rather than the
next time monotone runs, which improves robustness in some
Changes in 'automate':
- New command 'automate keys' to get information on existing
keys in basic_io format.
- Improved handling of multibyte characters in message
- Fixes to Botan's memory allocator, to avoid pathological
slowdowns in some rare cases.
- Fix bug in delta-storage code; we were not being as aggressive
about delta-compressing files and manifests as we should
- Minor bugs fixed, error messages improved.
- Upgrading from 0.23: You must run 'db migrate' and
provide your password, for each database.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/devel/monotone/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.