Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Simple
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 11/22/2005 21:55:55
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Tue Nov 22 21:55:55 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Simple: Makefile distinfo
Update to 0.62:
0.62 Sat Oct 8 01:25:03 PDT 2005
* Aborbed Test::Builder::Tester. The last release broke it because its
screen scraping Test::More and the failure output changed. By
distributing them together we ensure TBT won't break again.
* Test::Builder->BAILOUT() was missing.
- is_deeply() can now handle function and code refs in a very limited
way. It simply looks to see if they have the same referent.
0.61 Fri Sep 23 23:26:05 PDT 2005
- create.t was trying to read from a file before it had been closed
(and thus the changes may not have yet been written).
* is_deeply() would call stringification methods on non-object strings
which happened to be the name of a string overloaded class.
0.60_02 Tue Aug 9 00:27:41 PDT 2005
* Added Test::Builder::Module.
- Changed Test::More and Test::Simple to use Test::Builder::Module
- Minor Win32 testing nit in fail-more.t
* Added no_diag() method to Test::Builder and changed Test::More's
no_diag internals to use that. [rt.cpan.org 8655]
* Deprecated no_diag() as an option to "use Test::More". Call the
Test::Builder method instead.
0.60_01 Sun Jul 3 18:11:58 PDT 2005
- Moved the docs around a little to better group all the testing
functions together. [rt.cpan.org 8388]
* Added a BAIL_OUT() function to Test::More [rt.cpan.org 8381]
- Changed Test::Builder->BAILOUT to BAIL_OUT to match other method's
naming conventions. BAILOUT remains but is deprecated.
* Changed the standard failure diagnostics to include the test name.
- is_deeply() was broken for overloaded objects in the top level in
0.59_01. [rt.cpan.org 13506]
- String overloaded objects without an 'eq' or '==' method are now
handled in cmp_ok() and is().
- cmp_ok() will now treat overloaded objects as numbers if the comparison
operator is numeric. [rt.cpan.org 13156]
- cmp_ok(), like() and unlike will now throw uninit warnings if their
arguments are undefined. [rt.cpan.org 13155]
- cmp_ok() will now throw warnings as if the comparison were run
normally, for example cmp_ok(2, '==', 'foo') will warn about 'foo'
not being numeric. Previously all warnings in the comparison were
supressed. [rt.cpan.org 13155]
- Tests will now report *both* the number of tests failed and if the
wrong number of tests were run. Previously if tests failed and the
wrong number were run it would only report the latter.
- Missing or extra tests are not considered failures for the purposes
of calculating the exit code. Should there be no failures but the
wrong number of tests the exit code will be 254.
- Avoiding an unbalanced sort in eq_set() [bugs.perl.org 36354]
- Documenting that eq_set() doesn't deal well with refs.
- Clarified how is_deeply() compares a bit.
* Once again working on 5.4.5.
0.60 Tue May 3 14:20:34 PDT 2005
0.59_01 Tue Apr 26 21:51:12 PDT 2005
* Test::Builder now has a create() method which allows you to create
a brand spanking new Test::Builder object.
* require_ok() was not working for single letter module names.
* is_deeply() and eq_* now work with circular scalar references
* Use of eq_* now officially discouraged.
- Removed eq_* from the SYNOPSIS.
- is_deeply(undef, $not_undef); now works. [rt.cpan.org 9441]
- is_deeply() was mistakenly interpeting the same reference used twice
in a data structure as being circular causing failures.
- Loading Test::Builder but not using it would interfere with the
exit code if the code exited. [rt.cpan.org 12310]
- is_deeply() diagnostics now disambiguate between stringified references
and references. [rt.cpan.org 8865]
- Files opened by the output methods are now autoflushed.
- todo() now honors $Level when looking for $TODO.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.26 -r1.27 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Simple/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Simple/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Simple/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.