Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/mailfront
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/21/2005 05:54:03
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: schmonz
Date: Mon Nov 21 05:54:03 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/mail/mailfront: Makefile distinfo
Update to 0.98. From the changelog:
- Added enhanced mail system status codes (RFC 1893/2034).
- Added support for rejecting all mail unless client is authenticated
(either as a relay client or with SMTP authentication) if
$REQUIRE_AUTH is set.
- Full domain names are now required in all addresses except for the
- Removed the "bounce must have a single recipient" rule, as it is
currently causing more problems (with address checkers) than it is
solving (spammers no longer use this technique).
- Fixed one-off bug in counting recipients for $MAXRCPTS.
- Truncate UIDL responses to 70 characters as per RFC 1939.
- Added QMQP and QMTP "reject" front ends, for completeness.
The enhanced mail system status codes together with the $REQUIRE_AUTH
change should make smtpfront compliant with RFC 2476's requirements for
a "message submission agent", suitable for use on TCP port 587.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/mail/mailfront/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/mail/mailfront/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.