Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Klaus Heinz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/13/2005 22:48:32
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: heinz
Date: Sun Nov 13 22:48:32 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin: DESCR MESSAGE Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/patches: patch-ab patch-ae patch-aq
Updated to version 3.1.0.
- p5-Storable is no longer a necessary.
- Let DragonFlyBSD also use the rc.d script (patch-ad).
- Sa-update needs p5-libwww (for LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Date),
p5-Archive-Tar and p5-IO-Zlib.
- Many of the plugins are available as pkgsrc packages (p5-Mail-SPF-Query,
p5-IP-Country, p5-Net-Ident, ...) but are not required.
- Renamed some options to follow the naming conventions described in the
- Removed patch-ax again; it is already incorporated in 3.1.0.
- Reworked DESCR to use less than 25 lines.
- Removed SPAMASSASSIN_VERSION for clarity of DISTNAME and PKGNAME.
- Prepended variables internal to the package with an underscore.
- Rearranged MAKE_PARAMS alphabetically.
- Simplified some internal variables (concatenation instead of
substitution: _EGDIR, _DOCDIR,...)
- Loop variables use all lower-case now.
- Added a rule to lower score for mail from pkgsrc-bugs in netbsd_lists.cf.
- The test t/spf.t (fails for SPF_HELO_*) has a know problem (SA Bug 4685).
Relevant changes since version 3.0.4:
- Apache preforking algorithm adopted; number of spamd child processes is now
scaled, according to demand. This provides better VM behaviour when not
under peak load.
- Inclusion of sa-update script which will allow for updates of rules and
scores in between code releases.
- added PostgreSQL, MySQL 4.1+, and local SDBM file Bayes storage modules. SQL
storage is now recommended for Bayes, instead of DB_File. NDBM_File support
has been dropped due to a major bug in that module.
- detect legitimate SMTP AUTH submission, to avoid false positives on
- new Advance Fee Fraud (419 scam) rules.
- removed use of the Storable module, due to several reported hangs on SMP
- Converted several rule/engine components into Plugins such as:
AccessDB, AWL, Pyzor, Razor2, DCC, Bayes AutoLearn Determination, etc.
- new plugins: DomainKeys (off by default), MIMEHeader: a new plugin to perform
tests against header in internal MIME structure, ReplaceTags: plugin by Felix
Bauer to support fuzzy text matching, WhiteListSubject: plugin added to
support user whitelists by Subject header.
- TextCat language guesser moved to a plugin. (This means "ok_languages"
is no longer part of the core engine by default.)
- Razor: disable Razor2 support by default per our policy, since the
service is not free for non-personal use. It's trivial to reenable.
- DCC: disable DCC for similar reasons, due to new license terms.
- Net::DNS bug: high load caused answer packets to be mixed up and delivered as
answers to the wrong request, causing false positives. worked around.
- DNSBL lookups and other DNS operations are now more efficient, by using a
custom single-socket event-based model instead of Net::DNS.
- add support for accreditation services, including Habeas v2.
- better URI parsing -- many evasion tricks now caught.
- URIBL lookups are prioritized based on the location in the message
the URI was found.
- mass-check now supports reusing realtime DNSBL hit results, and sample-based
Bayes autolearning emulation, to reduce complexity.
- sa-learn, spamassassin and mass-check now have optional progress bars.
- modify header ordering for DomainKeys compatibility, by placing markup
headers at the top of the message instead at the bottom of the list.
- spamd/spamc now support remote Bayes training, and reporting spam.
- spamc now supports reading its flags from a configuration file using the -F
switch, contributed by John Madden.
- added SPF-based whitelisting.
- Polish rules contributed by Radoslaw Stachowiak.
- many rule changes and additions.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/DESCR
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/MESSAGE
cvs rdiff -r1.61 -r1.62 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.31 -r1.32 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/options.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/files/netbsd_lists.cf
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/patches/patch-ab \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.7 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/patches/patch-ad
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/patches/patch-aq
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/patches/patch-ax
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.