Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/openvpn
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/03/2005 14:31:19
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Thu Nov 3 14:31:19 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/net/openvpn: Makefile distinfo
Security update to version 2.0.5.
- Fixed bug in Linux get_default_gateway function
introduced in 2.0.4, which would cause redirect-gateway
on Linux clients to fail.
- Restored easy-rsa/2.0 tree (backported from 2.1 beta
series) which accidentally disappeared in
2.0.2 -> 2.0.4 transition.
- Security fix -- Affects non-Windows OpenVPN clients of
version 2.0 or higher which connect to a malicious or
compromised server. A format string vulnerability
in the foreign_option function in options.c could
potentially allow a malicious or compromised server
to execute arbitrary code on the client. Only
non-Windows clients are affected. The vulnerability
only exists if (a) the client's TLS negotiation with
the server succeeds, (b) the server is malicious or
has been compromised such that it is configured to
push a maliciously crafted options string to the client,
and (c) the client indicates its willingness to accept
pushed options from the server by having "pull" or
"client" in its configuration file (Credit: Vade79).
- Security fix -- Potential DoS vulnerability on the
server in TCP mode. If the TCP server accept() call
returns an error status, the resulting exception handler
may attempt to indirect through a NULL pointer, causing
a segfault. Affects all OpenVPN 2.0 versions.
- Fix attempt of assertion at multi.c:1586 (note that
this precise line number will vary across different
versions of OpenVPN).
- Added ".PHONY: plugin" to Makefile.am to work around
"make dist" issue.
- Fixed double fork issue that occurs when --management-hold
- Moved TUN/TAP read/write log messages from --verb 8 to 6.
- Warn when multiple clients having the same common name or
username usurp each other when --duplicate-cn is not used.
- Modified Windows and Linux versions of get_default_gateway
to return the route with the smallest metric
if multiple 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 entries are present.
- openvpn_plugin_abort_v1 function wasn't being properly
registered on Windows.
- Fixed a bug where --mode server --proto tcp-server --cipher none
operation could cause tunnel packet truncation.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/net/openvpn/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/net/openvpn/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/openvpn/files/openvpn.sh
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.