Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/scilab
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Dan McMahill <email@example.com>
Date: 09/07/2005 10:48:47
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: dmcmahill
Date: Wed Sep 7 10:48:47 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/math/scilab: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ad patch-ak
pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches: patch-ap patch-aq patch-ar
update to scilab-3.1.1
Main Changes Scilab 3.0 -> 3.1
The new features of Scilab 3.1 are the following:
- "xgetmouse", "eventhandler" event set extended to click, double-click, <Ctrl> Key. See more details in xclick and xgetmouse on line help.
Warning: Because of distinction of click events, some users' scripts can have a different behavior.
To make it work as before please check and modified test on events as follow:
supposing that button contains the value returned by xclick (left most argument) or xgetmouse (third componant of returned vector) then replace test like:
button==0 by or(button==[0,3])
button==1 by or(button==[1,4])
button==2 by or(button==[2,5])
- Integration of the ATLAS library (specific Windows version).
During the installation of Scilab, dynamic library (Atlas.dll) is automatically chosen according to the CPU detected. See details in the Atlas.spec file under scilab\bin directory.
- Java interface written to allow calling Scilab computational engine from Java
- TCL interface has been totally rewritten (for better error detection and better data transfert). ScilabEval improve to handle synchronism.
For your information you should know that tcl8.4 segfault when running on Linux 2.6 kernels on machines with 2 or more processors.
- Scipad editor
o A debugging tool is now available.
o Drag'n'drop is now supported.
o User settings and text colors are now configurable and saved across editing sessions.
o Find/Replace debugged and improved.
o Quick access in the file menu for recently opened/saved files.
o Creation of XML help page templates and xmltohtml compilation available from within Scipad.
o Identification of Scilab predefined variables and library functions in scilab scripts.
o Scipad is easily localized. Today English, German, French, Swedish and Italian languages are supported.
o Miscellaneous file management improvements: readonly flag, absolute pathnames to files, pruned pathnames display, revert to saved feature.
- Graphics editor completed
o Axes structure totally rebuild.
New axes properties available (see manual and type 'gca()' for a complet listing), z logscale enable, axes inversion.
o Save and load had been extended to graphics handle
o 'plot' macro added to scilab to mimic the "matlab plot" behavior (type "help plot" for more info.)
o 'surf' macro added to scilab to mimic the "matlab surf" behavior (type "help surf" for more info.)
Graphics entities are associated to Scilab variables of type handle. The handle is a unique identifier which is associated to each instance of a created graphics entity. Using this handle, it will be possible to reach entities properties through "set" and "get" routines. The handles are also used to manipulate graphics objects, to move them, to copy or delete them.
Enter "help graphics_entities" at Scilab prompt for more details.
- Scicos block set has been extended/revisited to be more compatible with Simulink one, compiler, code generator and implicit system simulator have been improved.
- Configure adapted to linux 64bit architectures
- Improvement of the integration of Visual Studio Compiler to the dynamic links: findmsvccompiler() and configure_msvc() macros have been added
- The source files have been updated to optimise the compiled version built with VC6 tool
Please note that the Windows binary version provided on our Web site is built with .NET
- Sparse operations and functions like real, imag, matrix, spones revisited to improve efficiency
- Bessel functions extended to work in the complex case (using Slatec routines)
Incompatibilities: The semantics of besseli, besselj, besselk and bessely functions has been changed and extended.
The oldbesseli, oldbesselj, oldbesselk and oldbessely correspond to the old obsolete semantics.
- New Matlab functions implemented in m2sci translator
- Functions to read Excel files
- Font rotation is now possible under Xwindow
- home variable (%HOME%) defined under Windows: c:/Documents and Setting/USER
- New environment variable SCIHOME:
o Under Windows: %HOME%\scilab\SCILAB_VERSION
o Under Linux: $HOME/USER/.scilab/SCILAB_VERSION
- New primitives:
o clipboard (specific Windows)
o getshortpathname (specific Windows)
o getlongpathname (specific Windows)
o toolbar (specific Windows)
o hidetoolbar (specific Windows)
o console (specific Windows)
o mcisendstring (specific Windows)
o winqueryreg (specific Windows)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.63 -r1.64 pkgsrc/math/scilab/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/math/scilab/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/math/scilab/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches/patch-ab \
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches/patch-ad
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.6 pkgsrc/math/scilab/patches/patch-ap \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.