Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/gawk
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/05/2005 16:58:22
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Mon Sep 5 16:58:22 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/lang/gawk: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/lang/gawk/patches: patch-aa patch-af
Update to 3.1.5:
Changes from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5
1. The random() suite has been updated to a current FreeBSD version, which
works on systems with > 32-bit ints.
2. A new option, `--exec' has been added. It's like -f but ends option
processing. It also disables `x=y' variable assignments, but not -v.
It's needed mainly for CGI scripts, so that source code can't be
passed in as part of the URL.
3. dfa.[ch] have been synced with GNU grep development. This also fixes
multiple regex matching problems in multibyte locales.
4. Updated to Automake 1.9.5.
5. Updated to Bison 2.0.
6. The getopt* and regex* files were synchronized with current GLIBC CVS.
See the ChangeLog for the versions and minor edits made.
7. `configure --disable-nls' now disables just gawk's own translations.
Gawk continues to work with the locale's numeric formatting. This
includes a bug fix in handling the printf ' flag (e.g., %'d).
8. Gawk is now multibyte aware. This means that index(), length(),
substr() and match() all work in terms of characters, not bytes.
9. Gawk is now smarter about parsing numeric constants in corner cases.
11. Not closing open redirections no longer causes gawk to exit non-zero.
10. The VMS port has been updated.
11. Changes from Andrew Schorr at the xmlgawk project to provide for
open hooks from extensions are now included. This will let the
xmlgawk extension work in the standard gawk.
12. Updated to gettext 0.14.4. Gawk no longer includes its own copy
of the gettext `intl' library, following current GNU practice to
rely on there being an external version thereof.
13. A regexp of the form `//' will now generate a warning that it
is not a C++ comment from --lint (awk.y).
14. The ^ and ^= operators with an integer exponent now use Exponentiation
by Squaring. This simultaneously fixes a problem with ^= and a negative
15. length(array) now returns the number of elements in the array. This is
is a non-standard extension that will fail in POSIX mode.
16. Carriage return characters are now ignored in program source code.
17. Four new translations added.
18. Various minor bugs fixed. See the ChangeLog for the details.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.30 -r1.31 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r0 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/lang/gawk/patches/patch-af
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.