Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/nemesis
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/26/2005 17:01:38
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: drochner
Date: Fri Aug 26 17:01:38 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/net/nemesis: Makefile PLIST distinfo
update to 1.4
- New and improved nemesis
- New in nemesis 1.4: nemesis-ethernet and nemesis-ip
- Windows support (link-layer injection only)
- Useful man pages
- Single binary
- Improved cross-platform support via GNU autotools
- Easier to use
- Nemesis will attempt to fill in as many details as possible
in a packet, thus requiring fewer or even no command line switches.
- Each protocol builder attempts to build a proper packet by default.
- Organized code base
- The network header structures in libnet proved useful so nemesis
now uses them where appropriate.
- Code is re-used wherever possible resulting in a much more concise
- Full payload functionality
- Payloads can now contain NULLs within them and full-size packets
are available on all supported platforms except Windows.
- IP and TCP options support
- All nemesis injectors (excluding ARP and Ethernet) now support IP
options via -O <IP options file>.
- All nemesis injectors using TCP as a transport protocol now
support TCP options via -o <TCP options file>.
- Improved IP and TCP functionality
- Full IP fragmentation support via new -F command line semantics.
- ECN support in TCP with the addition of -fE (ECE) and -fC (CWR).
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/net/nemesis/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/net/nemesis/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/nemesis/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r126.96.36.199 -r0 pkgsrc/net/nemesis/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.