Subject: CVS commit: [pkgsrc-2005Q2] pkgsrc/net/rsync
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <email@example.com>
Date: 08/03/2005 22:54:27
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Wed Aug 3 22:54:27 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/net/rsync [pkgsrc-2005Q2]: Makefile distinfo
Pullup ticket 651 - requested Thomas Klausner
security update for rsync
Revisions pulled up:
- pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile 1.59
- pkgsrc/net/rsync/distinfo 1.22
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed Aug 3 17:30:56 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/net/rsync: Makefile distinfo
Update to 2.6.6. Add TEST_TARGET.
NEWS for rsync 2.6.6 (28 Jul 2005)
Protocol: 29 (unchanged)
Changes since 2.6.5:
- The zlib code was upgraded to version 1.2.3 in order to make it
more secure. While the widely-publicized security problem in zlib
1.2.2 did not affect rsync, another security problem surfaced that
affects rsync's zlib 1.1.4.
- The setting of flist->high in clean_flist() was wrong for an empty
list. This could cause flist_find() to crash in certain rare
circumstances (e.g. if just the right directory setup was around
when --fuzzy was combined with --link-dest).
- The outputting of hard-linked files when verbosity was > 1 was not
right: without -i it would output the name of each hard-linked file
as though it had been changed (it now outputs a "is hard linked"
message for the file); with -i it would output all dots for the
unchanged attributes of a hard-link (it now changes those dots to
spaces, as is done for other totally unchanged items).
- When backing up a changed symlink or device, get rid of any old
backup item so that we don't get an "already exists" error.
- A couple places that were comparing a local and a remote
modification- time were not honoring the --modify-window option.
- Fixed a bug where the 'p' (permissions) itemized-changes flag might
get set too often (if some non-significant mode bits differed).
- Fixed a really old, minor bug that could cause rsync to warn about
being unable to mkdir() a path that ends in "/." because it just
created the directory (required --relative, --no-implied-dirs,
a source path that ended in either a trailing slash or a trailing
"/.", and a non-existing destination dir to tickle the bug in
a recent version).
- Made the "max verbosity" setting in the rsyncd.conf file settable
on a per-module basis (which now matches the documentation).
- The support/rrsync script has been upgraded to verify the args of
options that take args (instead of rejecting any such options).
The script was also changed to try to be more secure and to fix
a problem in the parsing of a pull operation that has multiple
- Improved the documentation that explains the difference between a
normal daemon transfer and a daemon-over remote-shell transfer.
- Some of the diffs supplied in the patches dir were fixed and/or
- Made configure define NOBODY_USER (currently hard-wired to
"nobody") and NOBODY_GROUP (set to either "nobody" or "nogroup"
depending on what we find in the /etc/group file).
- Added a test to the test suite, itemized.test, that tests the
output of -i (log-format w/%i) and some double-verbose messages.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.58 -r220.127.116.11 pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.21 -r18.104.22.168 pkgsrc/net/rsync/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.