Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/30/2005 13:01:29
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Thu Jun 30 13:01:29 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2: Makefile PLIST distinfo
I. IMPORTANT BUG FIXES
- The size comparison for BDF and PCF files could fail sometimes.
- Some CFF files were still not loaded correctly. Patch from
- The stroker still had some serious bugs.
- FreeType didn't properly parse empty Type 1 glyphs.
- An unbound dynamic buffer growth was fixed in the PFR loader.
- Several bugs have been fixed in the cache sub-system.
- The auto-hinter didn't work properly for fonts without a Unicode
charmap -- it even refused to load the glyphs.
II. IMPORTANT CHANGES
- Many fixes have been applied to drastically reduce the amount of
heap memory used by FreeType, especially when using
memory-mapped font files (which is the default on Unix systems
which support them).
- The auto-hinter has been replaced with a new module, called the
`auto-fitter'. It consumes less memory than its predecessor,
and it is prepared to support non-latin scripts better in next
- George Williams contributed code to read kerning data from PFM
- The BDF driver no longer converts all returned bitmaps with a
depth of 2bpp or 4bpp to a depth of 8bpp.
- A new option `--ftversion' has been added to freetype-config to
return the FreeType version.
- The memory debugger has been updated to dump allocation
statistics on all allocation sources in the library.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.43 -r1.44 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.