Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/25/2005 14:56:02
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: zuntum
Date: Sat Jun 25 14:56:02 UTC 2005
Note update of chat/bnc to version 2.9.4
(1) SSL support can now be used incoming.
(2) Added three new configuration entries to handle new features:
listenex [--ssl][--limit <maxusers>][--localhost <hostname>] <port>
(1) SECURITY FIX: FD_SETSIZE overflow DOS
(2) SSL support can now be used if configured with --with-ssl
SSL connection is done by passing -s
ex. /quote conn -s ircs.server
Note: this is only partially secure since SSL is only supported
(1) Added flush to logging
(2) General code changes to fix compiling on some compilers
(3) Fixed problems binding to listening address
(1) SECURITY FIX: password check, was only letting incorrect passwords in
(2) Fixed IP binding on listen
(1) Added trailing newlines to log records
(2) Added extra error handling on accepting connections
(3) Fixed buffer overflow in getnickuserhost (reported by Leon Juranic)
(4) Added extra check for gethostbyname2
(5) Made password check more thorough
(6) Fixed ipv6 dns resolving to random ipv4
(1) Fixed backspace security flaw (reported by Yak)
(2) Fixed compile errors related to compound statements
(3) Rewrote logic of /vip command
(4) Rewrote docked session listing code
(1) Added support for setting a specific IP to listen on
(listen <[host:]port> [maxusers])
(2) Enhanced bncsetup to use new conf format and new question to handle
specific host entering.
(3) Changed the Makefile to list libraries last, some crypt libraries
predefined their own main function which prevented compiling.
(4) Reorganized the connection code to fix a bug where a user gets
disconnected while connecting to an irc server.
(5) Socket length was not being set before accept. (Thanks chris)
(6) Removed old hack code for systems that do not support snprintf.
(7) Increased error checking in recv code.
(8) Better parsing of messages
(9) Server buffers always cleared when connecting to a new server.
(10) Initial IPv6 support. Added -6 option to the CONN command
(i.e. CONN -6 irc.ipv6.org) which is only necessary on ambigious
addresses or when connecting via dns.
(11) Listen host can be specified in conf as an ipv6 address by putting
the address in 's (i.e. LISTEN [2000:610:0:23::]:6669)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.10459 -r1.10460 pkgsrc/doc/CHANGES
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.