Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/x11/xterm
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/04/2005 17:42:32
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Jun 4 17:42:32 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/x11/xterm: Makefile distinfo
Update to 202, provided by Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven in private mail.
Add some options to the package.
* add extended shift- and control-modifier cursor keys to "xterm+pcfkeys"
terminfo entry to correspond to ncurses 20050430 patch.
* fix a rare case where text would be written with the wrong colors because
output of scrolled text would reset the colors and the new text would be
written with the same colors
* add environment variables $XTERM_SHELL and $XTERM_VERSION
* corrected workaround for background color of menubar, which gave a
too-broad expression, coloring the background of the VT100 widget unless
overridden by another resource setting.
* correct an error in the logic which decides when sched_yield() is run; it
would occasionally hang when contending with other pseudo-terminal
applications such as screen
* improve resource files to show how the menubar and popup menus can be
* modify parsing of OSC (and SOS, etc), strings so their contents are not
interpreted as UTF-8. This allows non-ASCII title strings to be set,
provided that the window manager complies (report by Thomas Wolff).
* improved some of the built-in line-drawing glyphs.
* correct color of "box" character drawn for line-drawing glyph 1 (report
by Nicolas George).
* improve behavior when switching to UTF-8 mode after startup so xterm will
check if the current fonts are already wide (ISO10646-1). If they are not,
xterm will use the utf8Fonts subresource to load appropriate fonts
* modify logic for setting title-string so it applies to the current widget
rather than the vt100 widget.
* correct computation of width for wide characters with the invisible
* modify interaction between +u8 and locale resource to allow the
command-line option to override the resource
* ignore error in the I/O initialization that tries to set the tty to 7-bit
input for the case where eightBitInput resource is false
* modify command-processing to accept an optional parameter that tells
xterm which shell program to use
* correct logic of ReallocateBufOffsets() which did not copy the content of
the old screen buffer to the proper location, making a repaint clear
after switching to wide-character mode
* implement the remaining pieces to make xterm allocate cells for
wide-characters when the "UTF-8" menu entry is selected. Also, load the
UTF-8 font when that menu entry is selected, or the escape sequence for
UTF-8 mode is received
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.19 -r1.20 pkgsrc/x11/xterm/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/x11/xterm/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/x11/xterm/options.mk
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.