Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/mailman
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/01/2005 23:25:07
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bouyer
Date: Wed Jun 1 23:25:07 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/mail/mailman: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/mail/mailman/patches: patch-ac patch-ai
Update to 2.1.6. Changes (note: the fix for CAN-2005-0202 was already in
pkgsrc as patches/patch-ai):
- Added the ability for Mailman generated passwords (both member and list
admin) to be more cryptographically secure. See new configuration
variables USER_FRIENDLY_PASSWORDS, MEMBER_PASSWORD_LENGTH, and
ADMIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH. Also added a new bin/withlist script called
reset_pw.py which can be used to reset all member passwords. Passwords
generated by Mailman are now 8 characters by default for members, and 10
characters for list administrators.
- A potential cross-site scripting hole in the driver script has been
closed. Thanks to Florian Weimer for its discovery. Also, turn
STEALTH_MODE on by default.
- Chinese languages are now supported. They have been moved from 'big5'
and 'gb' to 'zh_TW' and 'zh_CN' respectively for compliance to the IANA
spec. Note, however, that the character sets were changed from 'Big5'
or 'GB2312' to 'UTF-8' to cope with the insufficient codecs support in
Python 2.3 and earlier. You may have to install Chinese capable codecs
(like CJKCodecs) separately to handle the incoming messages which are in
local charsets, or upgrade your Python to 2.4 or newer.
Behavior or defaults changes
- VERP_PROBES is disabled by default.
- bin/withlist can be run without a list name, but only if -i is given.
Also, withlist puts the directory it's found in at the end of sys.path,
making it easier to run withlist scripts that live in $prefix/bin.
- bin/newlist grew two new options: -u/--urlhost and -e/--emailhost which
lets the user provide the web and email hostnames for the new mailing
list. This is a better way to specify the domain for the list, rather
than the old 'mylist@hostname' syntax (which is still supported for
backward compatibility, but deprecated).
- Python 2.4 compatibility issue: time.strftime() became strict about the
'day of year' range. (1078482)
- New feature: automatic discards of held messages. List owners can now
set how many days to hold the messages in the moderator request queue.
cron/checkdb will automatically discard old messages. See the
max_days_to_hold variable in the General Options and
DEFAULT_MAX_DAYS_TO_HOLD in Defaults.py. This defaults to 0
(i.e. disabled). (790494)
- New feature: subject_prefix can be configured to include a sequence
number which is taken from the post_id variable. Also, the prefix is
always put at the start of the subject, i.e. "[list-name] Re: original
subject", if mm_cfg.OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING is set No. The default style
is "Re: [list-name]" if numbering is not set, for backward compatibility.
If the list owner is using numbering feature by "%d" directive, the new
style, "[list-name 123] Re:", is always used.
- List owners can now cusomize the non-member rejection notice from
admin/<listname>/privacy/sender page. (1107169)
- Allow editing of the welcome message from the admin page (1085501).
- List owners can now use Scrubber to get the attachments scrubbed (held
in the web archive), if the site admin permits it in mm_cfg.py. New
variables introduced are SCRUBBER_DONT_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME and
SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION in Defaults.py for scrubber
- Most of the installation instructions have been moved to a latex
document. See admin/www/mailman-install/index.html for details.
Bug fixes and other patches
- Mail-to-news gateway now strips subject prefix off from a response
by a mail user if news_prefix_subject_too is not set.
- Date and Message-Id headers are added for digests. (1116952)
- Improved mail address sanity check. (1030228)
- SpamDetect.py now checks attachment header. (1026977)
- Filter attachments by filename extensions. (1027882)
- Bugs and patches: 955381 (older Python compatibility), 1020102/1013079/
1020013 (fix spam filter removed), 665569 (newer Postfix bounce
detection), 970383 (moderator -1 admin requests pending), 873035
(subject handling in -request mail), 799166/946554 (makefile
compatibility), 872068 (add header/footer via unicode), 1032434
(KNOWN_SPAMMERS check for multi-header), 1025372 (empty Cc:), 789015
(fix pipermail URL), 948152 (Out of date link on Docs), 1099138
(Scrubber.py breaks on None part), 1099840/1099840 (deprecated %
insertion), 880073/933762 (List-ID RFC compliance), 1090439 (passwd
reminder shunted), 1112349 (case insensitivity in acceptable_aliases),
1117618 (Don't Cc for personalized anonymous list), 1190404 (wrong
permission after editing html)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.21 -r1.22 pkgsrc/mail/mailman/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/mail/mailman/PLIST pkgsrc/mail/mailman/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/mail/mailman/patches/patch-ac
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/mail/mailman/patches/patch-ai
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.