Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <email@example.com>
Date: 02/26/2005 22:48:35
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Sat Feb 26 22:48:35 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/devel/boost-python: DESCR Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/doc: CHANGES TODO
pkgsrc/devel/boost-build: DESCR Makefile PLIST bjam.mk buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/devel/boost-docs: DESCR Makefile PLIST
pkgsrc/devel/boost-headers: DESCR Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs: DESCR Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost: DESCR Makefile Makefile.common PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
pkgsrc/devel/boost: DESCR Makefile Makefile.common PLIST buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/devel/boost-thread: DESCR Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk
pkgsrc/devel/boost/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Complete rework of the Boost packages:
- Drop devel/boost and devel/boost-thread.
- Add devel/boost-docs which includes all the documentation related to Boost
(previously included in devel/boost).
- Add devel/boost-build which includes bjam, the Boost.Build framework.
- Add devel/boost-headers which includes all the header files needed at build
time by programs using Boost (previously included in devel/boost).
- Add devel/boost-libs which includes all the binary libraries needed at build
and run time by programs using Boost (previously included in devel/boost and
devel/thread). All of them are multithreaded, to make things easier.
- devel/boost-python includes the Boost Python library (as it did before), but
now works, given that everything is threaded again.
- Drop our thread_user.hpp customization. Avoids some build failures that
appeared when the previous boost-thread package was not installed.
- Use static PLISTs.
- Install unversioned files. Makes things *a lot* easier when building stuff
- Add meta-pkgs/boost, a meta package that depends on all of the above.
Thanks go to jlam@ and tv@ for their comments.
While here, update to 1.32.0:
New Toolset Names
The names of some the Boost.Build toolsets have been changed to remove the "."
(dot) character and to fix some other naming inconsistencies. For example,
vc7.1 toolset was renamed to become vc-7_1. Please refer to the Supported
Toolsets section of the installation guide for the complete list of the current
toolset names. This change was made as a part of the effort to make the Boost
distribution compatible with ISO 9660 level 2 requirements.
* Assignment Library: Filling containers with constant or generated data
has never been easier, from Thorsten Ottosen.
* Minmax Library: Standard library extensions for simultaneous min/max and
min/max element computations, from Hervé Brönnimann.
* Multi-index Containers Library: Containers with multiple STL-compatible
access interfaces, from Joaquín M López Muñoz.
* Numeric Conversion Library: Optimized policy-based numeric conversions,
from Fernando Cacciola.
* Program Options Library: Access to configuration data given on command
line, in config files and other sources, from Vladimir Prus.
* Range Library: A new infrastructure for generic algorithms that builds
on top of the new iterator concepts, from Thorsten Ottosen.
* Serialization Library: Serialization/de-serialization of arbitrary C++
data structures to various formats including text, binary, and xml, from
* String Algorithms Library: Collection of string related algorithms for
case conversion, trimming, find/replace operations and more, from Pavol
* Tribool: 3-state boolean type library, from Doug Gregor.
* Compose: This deprecated library has been removed.
o Added bundled properties to the adjacency_list and adjacency_matrix
class templates, greatly simplifying the introduction of internal
vertex and edge properties.
o The LEDA graph adaptors have been ported to LEDA 4.5.
o Added algorithms for betweenness centrality and betweenness
o Added circle layout and undirected spring layout algorithms.
* MPL Library:
o Updated to use the Boost Software License.
o New documentation, including a complete reference manual.
o Major interface changes and improvements, many of which are not
backward compatible. Please refer to the 1.32 changelog for the
detailed information about upgrading to the new version.
* Python Library:
o Updated to use the Boost Software License.
o A new, better method of wrapping classes with virtual functions
has been implemented.
o Support for the new Python Bool type, thanks to Daniel Holth.
o Support for upcoming GCC symbol export control features have been
folded in, thanks to Niall Douglas.
o Improved support for std::auto_ptr-like types.
o Components used by other libraries have been moved out of
python/detail and into boost/detail to improve dependency
o Miscellaneous bug fixes and compiler workarounds.
* Signals Library: Introduced deterministic slot ordering, permitting
slots to be connected at the beginning or end of slot groups or the slot
list itself. Combiners may safely have state and are accessible from the
* Utility: class template result_of added.
* Test Library:
o namespace names gets shorten; old one still supported till next
o added proper encoding of XML PCDATA
o support for wide string comparison implemented
For complete list of changes see Test Library release notes.
This release has been extensively tested on a variety of different compilers
and platforms. It is known to contain no regressions against the previous
reference release on the compilers and configurations tested. Please refer to
the corresponding regression reports to see how well your compiler performs on
the new Boost codebase.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/DESCR
cvs rdiff -r1.21 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/Makefile.common \
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/boost-build/DESCR \
pkgsrc/devel/boost-build/Makefile pkgsrc/devel/boost-build/PLIST \
pkgsrc/devel/boost-build/bjam.mk pkgsrc/devel/boost-build/buildlink3.mk \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/boost-docs/DESCR \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/boost-headers/DESCR \
pkgsrc/devel/boost-headers/Makefile pkgsrc/devel/boost-headers/PLIST \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs/DESCR \
pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs/Makefile pkgsrc/devel/boost-libs/PLIST \
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/boost-python/DESCR \
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/boost-python/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost-thread/DESCR \
pkgsrc/devel/boost-thread/Makefile pkgsrc/devel/boost-thread/PLIST \
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/boost/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r1.9329 -r1.9330 pkgsrc/doc/CHANGES
cvs rdiff -r1.3126 -r1.3127 pkgsrc/doc/TODO
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost/DESCR \
pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost/Makefile pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost/Makefile.common \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/meta-pkgs/boost/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.