Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/p5-WWW-Mechanize
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/19/2005 18:13:15
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Feb 19 18:13:15 UTC 2005
pkgsrc/www/p5-WWW-Mechanize: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.10:
* Fixed bug where images inside of links would not be found.
* Fixed test failures because of Google changes. Thanks to
Offer Kaye and others who sent in patches.
* More samples in the FAQ. Thanks to Joshua Gatcomb.
* Added explanation of running live tests against Google in Makefile.PL.
1.08 Fri Dec 24 01:01:06 CST 2004
* Added find_image() and find_all_images().
1.06 Wed Dec 8 14:58:39 CST 2004
* Now uses the base pragma instead of setting @ISA.
1.05_04 Fri Nov 5 23:35:38 CST 2004
* Added WWW::Mechanize::Image object for representing images.
* Improved the regex on the URL for META tags.
* Added --images flag to mech-dump.
* When parsing urls out of meta refresh tags, "url" may now be
* Behavior of back() fixed in a number of cases (RT#8109 reported by
Josh Purinton, patched by Dominique Quatravaux)
* Mark figured out to how to prevent his text editor from putting tabs
into the code. Andy's blood pressure dropped slightly.
1.05_03 Sun Oct 31 20:54:33 CST 2004
* click_button() has a new input option for HTML::Form::SubmitInput
* content() has new options to return the page formatted
as text, with a <base href> added. (RT#8087, patch by
* update_html() method has been added, which can be used
to modify the HTML that Mech parses. It should be sub-classed
instead of _parse_html(), which has been deprecated.
(RT#8087, patch by Dominique Quatravaux)
* select() has new option to select an option by number
(RT#5789, Scott Lanning)
* WWW::Mechanize::Link now has support providing all the
attributes of the link through a new attrs() method, which
returns them as a hashref. This is a replacement for the
alt() method, added in 1.05_01. It's not backwards
compatible with that, but, hey, that's what developer
releases are for. (RT#8092, Rob Casey and Mark Stosberg)
* Upload <input type="file" ... > does not use the default
value to prevent attacks, patch by Jan Pazdziora (RT #7843).
* Improved tests and documentation for select() (RT#5789,
* Improve taint-safeness on Perl 5.6.1 (RT#8042, patch by
* Added tests for click_button() (RT#8061, by Dominique
* Require URI 1.25, fixing bug which exposed itself in
* Move select() to better location in docs. Document and
test the return values. The return value is now "1" on
success instead of the undocumented behavior of returning
a form value. (RT#6138, spotted by MJD, patched by Mark
* Possible matching tags for the find_link() 'tag_regex'
attribute are now documented. (RT#2989, by Mark Stosberg)
* refactored find_link() to avoid use of eval(). This should
improve performance a bit and avoid potential security
issues. (Mark Stosberg)
1.05_02 Sat Oct 2 16:55:59 CDT 2004
* Added the $mech->save_content( $filename ) function, so you
can dump stuff to files easily.
1.05_01 Thu Sep 30 21:04:44 CDT 2004
* set_visible() doesn't stop setting values when it finds a zero.
* WWW::Mechanize::Link has a new, easier to remember constructor
interface. The old one is still supported. Support for including
an 'alt' attribute was added, which is useful for <area> links.
(RT #3317). Thanks to Mark Stosberg.
* When links are extracted from <area> tags, the ALT attribute will
be captured and become part of the WWW::Mechanize::Link object.
(RT #3317). Patch by Mark Stosberg.
* t/mech-dump.t is now more portable (RT #7690)
* t/local/follow.t has new tests to confirm that 'follow*' functions
work with characters like o-umlaut, even when the o-umlaut is
encoded in the HTML, but not in the call to follow(). (RT #2416)
By Mark Stosberg.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/www/p5-WWW-Mechanize/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/www/p5-WWW-Mechanize/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.