Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/29/2004 19:41:28
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Wed Dec 29 19:41:28 UTC 2004
Update lang/perl58 to perl-5.8.6. Selected hanges from version 5.8.5
* By default, platforms that have native threads will build a threaded
perl. Note that you will likely have to rebuild your Perl modules
after this update unless your Perl is already threaded.
* The perl interpreter is now more tolerant of UTF-16-encoded scripts.
* Several core modules were updated.
* Perl has a new -dt command-line flag, which enables threads support in
* "foreach" on threads::shared array used to be able to crash Perl. This
bug has now been fixed.
* A regexp in "STDOUT"'s destructor used to coredump, because the regexp
pad was already freed. This has been fixed.
* Using "delete" on an array no longer leaks memory. A "pop" of an item
from a shared array reference no longer causes a leak.
* "eval_sv()" failing a taint test could corrupt the stack - this has
* On platforms with 64 bit pointers numeric comparison operators used to
erroneously compare the addresses of references that are overloaded,
rather than using the overloaded values. This has been fixed.
* From now on all applications embedding perl will behave as if perl were
compiled with -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8520 -r1.8521 pkgsrc/doc/CHANGES
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.