Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/stunnel
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <email@example.com>
Date: 12/28/2004 09:09:52
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: martti
Date: Tue Dec 28 09:09:52 UTC 2004
pkgsrc/security/stunnel: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Updated stunnel to 4.06
Version 4.06, 2004.12.26, urgency: LOW:
* New feature sponsored by SURFnet http://www.surfnet.nl/
- IPv6 support (to be enabled with ./configure --enable-ipv6).
* New features
- poll() support - no more FD_SETSIZE limit!
- Multiple connect=host:port options are allowed in a single service
section. Remote hosts are connected using round-robin algorithm.
This feature is not compatible with delayed resolver.
- New 'compression' option to enable compression. To use zlib
algorithm you have to enable it when building OpenSSL library.
- New 'engine' option to select a hardware engine.
- New 'TIMEOUTconnect' option with 10 seconds default added.
- stunnel3 perl script to emulate version 3.x command line options.
- French manual updated by Bernard Choppy <choppy AT free POINT fr>.
- A watchdog to detect transfer() infinite loops added.
- Configuration file comment character changed from '#' to ';'.
'#' will still be recognized to keep compatibility.
- MT-safe getaddrinfo() and getnameinfo() are used where available
to get better performance on resolver calls.
- Automake upgraded from 1.4-p4 to 1.7.9.
- log() changed to s_log() to avoid conflicts on some systems.
- Common CRIT_INET critical section introduced instead of separate
CRIT_NTOA and CRIT_RESOLVER to avoid potential problems with
libwrap (TCP Wrappers) library.
- CreateThread() finally replaced with _beginthread() on Win32.
- make install creates $(localstatedir)/stunnel.
$(localstatedir)/stunnel/dev/zero is also created on Solaris.
- Race condition with client session cache fixed.
- Other minor bugfixes.
* Release notes
- Default is *not* to use IPv6 '::' for accept and '::1' for
connect. For example to accept pop3s on IPv6 you could use:
'accept = :::995'. I hope the new syntax is clear enough.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.43 -r1.44 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.5 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches/patch-ac
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.