Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/aspell
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 12/24/2004 02:55:53
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Fri Dec 24 02:55:53 UTC 2004
pkgsrc/textproc/aspell: Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches: patch-ac patch-ag
pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ad patch-ae
Update to 0.60.2.
New in 0.60.2:
* Added the `munch-list' command to the aspell utility. The `munch'
program in the `myspell/' directory will disappear in Aspell 0.61.
The `munchlist' script will also likely disappear or be replaced
when Aspell 0.61 is released since it doesn't work correctly
* Several important bug fixes some of which rendered some non-English
* Other minor changes.
New in 0.60.1.1:
* Fix bug involving checking of capitalized word when affix
compression is used.
* Compile fixes.
* Added an option to disable using the "wide" curses version in case
it causes compile problems.
* Minor manual updates
* Avoided including some unnecessary files in the distribution.
New in 0.60.1:
* Lots of compile fixes for various platforms.
* Miscellaneous bug fixes.
* Added Nroff filter thanks to Sergey Poznyakoff.
* The default filter mode when in pipe mode is now nroff for
compatibility with Ispell.
* Added Texinfo filter.
* Added a section detailing the differences between Ispell and
* Updated the section on thread safety.
* Other miscellaneous manual changes such as updating the To Do and
Changes since 0.50.5:
* Added support for Affix Compression. Affix compression stores
the root word and then a list of prefixes and suffixes that
the word can take, and thus saves a lot of space. The codebase
comes from MySpell found in OpenOffice. It uses the same affix
file that OpenOffice (and Mozilla) use. Affix compression will
even work with soundslike lookup to a limited extent.
* Added support for accepting all input and printing all output
in UTF-8 or some other encoding different from the one Aspell
uses. This includes support for Unicode normalization. Aspell
can now support any language with no more than 210 distinct
characters, including different capitalizations and accents,
_even if_ there is not an existing 8-bit encoding that supports
* Added support for loadable filters and customizable filter
modes thanks to Christoph Hintermüller.
* Enhanced SGML filter to also support skipping sgml tags such
as "script" blocks thanks to Tom Snyder.
* Added gettext support thanks to Sergey Poznyakoff
* Reworked the compiled dictionary format. Compiled dictionaries
now take up less space (less than 80% for the English language)
and creating them is significantly faster (over 4 times for
the English language).
* Reworked suggestion code. It is significantly faster when
dealing with short words (up to 10 times). Also added support
for MySpell Replacement Tables and n-gram lookup. In addition,
added basic support for compound words.
* Manual has has been converted to texinfo format thanks to
the work of Chris Martin.
* Reworked the build system so that a single Makefile is used
for most of the code.
* All data, by default, is now included in `LIBDIR/aspell-0.60'.
Also added a built time option to increment the major version
number of the shared library. This should allow both Aspell
version 0.50 and 0.60 to coexist. The major version number is
_not_ incremented by default as Aspell 0.60 is binary compatible
with Aspell 0.50.
NOTE: this is not true for pkgsrc.
* The code to handle dictionaries has been rewritten. Because
of this support for the dictionary option `strip-accents' has
been removed. In addition the `ignore-accents' option is
* Lots of other minor changes due to massive overhaul of the
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.27 -r1.28 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches/patch-ab \
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches/patch-ac
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches/patch-af
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/textproc/aspell/patches/patch-ag
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.