Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/ethereal
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/17/2004 18:35:38
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Fri Dec 17 18:35:38 UTC 2004
pkgsrc/net/ethereal: Makefile distinfo
Updated to version 0.10.8
This release fixes the following security-related issues:
- Matthew Bing discovered a bug in DICOM dissection that could make
Ethereal crash. (CAN-2004-1139)
- An invalid RTP timestamp could make Ethereal hang and create a large
temporary file, possibly filling available disk space. (CAN-2004-1140)
- The HTTP dissector could access previously-freed memory, causing a
- Brian Caswell discovered that an improperly formatted SMB packet could
make Ethereal hang, maximizing CPU utilization. (CAN-2004-1142)
Please see the following advisory for more information:
Everyone is encouraged to upgrade.
New and updated features
- Ethereal now has a packet history, similar to most web browsers.
- Ethereal now supports custom window titles.
- Minor performance enhancements have been added.
- RTP analysis has been enhanced.
- Host name resolution has been improved.
- Ethereal can now track TCP PDU times. See
http://wiki.ethereal.com/TcpPduTime for more details.
- Ethereal now ships with netscreen2dump.py, a utility which converts
netscreen packet-trace hex dumps to hex dumps that can be read by
New protocol support
- AoE (ATA over Ethernet), Bittorrent, CMIP, GPRS Mobility Management
and Session Management, GSM MAP, Extended Security Services, Logotype
Certificate Extensions, MAP Dialogue, Network Service Over IP, Online
Certificate Status Protocol, PKIX Certificate, PKIX Qualified, PROFINET
DCP, IO, Real-Time, Short Message Relaying Service, SSCF-NNI,
Updated protocol support
- 3GPP2 A11, ACSE, AIM, AODV, ASN.1 BER, ASN.1 PER, BOOTP, BSSGP, BVLC,
CMS, COPS, DCERPC, DCERPC ISystemActivator, DICOM, DHCPv6, DNS, eDonkey,
ENTTEC, Etheric, Frame Relay, FTAM, FW1, GIOP, GPRS LLC, GRE, GSM A,
GSM SMS, H.225, H.245, H.450, HTTP, IPAddress, IPDC, IPMI, IPsec,
ISAKMP, ISUP, JFIF, Kerberos, MQ, MTP3, NMAS, OPSI, PKIX1EXPLICIT,
PKIX1IMPLICIT, PKIXProxy, PPP, PRES, Radiotap, RADIUS, ONC RPC, RTnet,
RTP, SAP, SDP, SIGCOMP, SIGCOMP UDVM, SIP, SMB, SNMP, SONMP, SSCOP,
SSL, Symantec Firewall, T.38, TCP, TDS, TSP, UDP, WSP, WTP, X.25,
X.509af, X.509ce, X.509if, X.509sat,
New and updated capture file support
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.99 -r1.100 pkgsrc/net/ethereal/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.30 -r1.31 pkgsrc/net/ethereal/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.