Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/gtk-gnutella
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <email@example.com>
Date: 12/03/2004 13:12:05
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Fri Dec 3 13:12:05 UTC 2004
pkgsrc/net/gtk-gnutella: Makefile PLIST distinfo
- Support for very old Gnutella features has been removed or deprecated
to keep the network healthy. Note that GTKG 0.94 is now considered a
deprecated servent in terms of Gnutella features. Every GTKG user
MUST upgrade to 0.95 as soon as possible.
- GUI updates:
* [GTK2] Enable drag and drop for magnet links
* [GTK1] Search results have less columns, and the hit details are now
displayed in a separate pane underneath.
* Visual progress indicator correctly shows newly downloaded
fragments, shows fragments currently available for download more
accurately, and active downloads are marked with arrows.
* The maximum amount of search results has been lowered to 1000.
Please use filters or more specific queries to find what you are
looking for if you get many search results.
* A detailed view has been added to the search results to show all
available information for a search result.
* The status bar will now give feedback about the contacted host caches.
* Gnutella node stats can now show how many bytes were sent/received.
* In the node pane, right-clicking now allows to configure which columns
should be displayed, just like in the search pane.
* More general statistics in the stats pane. It is possible to see TCP and/or
UDP traffic stats separately (for messages only, not flow-control).
- Bitzi support has been added to retrieve additional information on
possible downloads. See http://bitzi.com/ for details.
- The geographic location of hosts can now be shown courtesy of MaxMind.
- Recently developed features of the Gnutella network are now supported:
* High outdegree provides better connectivity between Gnutella hosts.
The maximum TTL in the network is now 4 and ultra nodes must maintain
at least a connection with 30 peers.
* Last-hop QRP between ultra peers.
* Dynamic querying support, allows selective querying of peers instead
of simply broadcasting the query. It is used for leaf queries and
for your queries when running as an ultra node.
* OOB (out of band) query hits lets other servents deliver search
results directly to you instead of going through the Gnutella network.
* OOB proxied queries, allowing direct hit delivery at the ultra node level
for queries emitted by legacy leaves.
* GTKG will now prevent firewalled hosts from running as ultra nodes.
* In "auto mode", GTKG will revert to leaf mode when uploads are stalling
at an abnormally high rate, indicating bandwidth is saturated.
- UDP is now also supported as a transport protocol in addition to TCP.
You may need to make changes to your firewall settings to take full
advantage of this. The UDP port used is the same as the one used for TCP.
- Firewall detection has been improved to include UDP firewalling detection.
- Clock skew computation for hosts not running NTP has been redesigned.
Also, GTKG will now automatically detect a locally running NTP.
- Japanese translation added.
- French and German translation updated.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.34 -r1.35 pkgsrc/net/gtk-gnutella/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/net/gtk-gnutella/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/net/gtk-gnutella/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.