Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/audio/libcddb
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Adam Ciarcinski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/10/2004 15:16:47
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Wed Nov 10 15:16:47 UTC 2004
pkgsrc/audio/libcddb: Makefile distinfo
* Libcddb now uses the FreeDB protocol version 6. The difference with
version 5 is that now the responses from the FreeDB server are in
UTF-8 format instead of ISO8859-1. So if the CD you query contains
non-US-ASCII characters the results will be different in this new
version of libcddb.
* [NEW] It is now possible to set the character set that libcddb has
to use when returning disc data (see also above). Use the
cddb_set_charset function to set the user's character set. The
example program, cddb_query, now also has a command-line option for
specifying the character set.
* [BUGFIX] FreeDB changed the specs of their CDDB file format. The
results for certain discs failed to parse correctly because the
libcddb parser was too strict. This should be fixed now.
* [BUGFIX] When writing disc to cache, fill in category if genre is
* [BUGFIX] When in CACHE_ONLY mode, do not perform network access when
writing disc record.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/audio/libcddb/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/audio/libcddb/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.