Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/20/2004 05:26:32
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: grant
Date: Tue Jan 20 05:26:32 UTC 2004
Updated rsync to 2.6.0.
Major changes since 2.5.7:
* "ssh" is now the default remote shell for rsync. If you want to
change this, configure like this: "./configure --with-rsh=rsh".
* Added --files-from, --no-relative, --no-implied-dirs, and --from0.
Note that --from0 affects the line-ending character for all the
files read by the --*-from options. (Wayne Davison)
* Length of csum2 is now per-file starting with protocol version
27. (J.W. Schultz)
* Per-file dynamic block size is now sqrt(file length). The
per-file checksum size is determined according to an algorithm
provided by Donovan Baarda which reduces the probability of rsync
algorithm corrupting data and falling back using the whole md4
checksums. (J.W. Schultz, Donovan Baarda)
* The --stats option no longer includes the (debug) malloc summary
unless the verbose option was specified at least twice.
* Added a new error/warning code for when files vanish from the
sending side. Made vanished source files not interfere with the
file-deletion pass when --delete-after was specified.
* Various trailing-info sections are now preceded by a newline.
* Many bug-fixes.
Update provided by Min Sik Kim in PR pkg/24146.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4513 -r1.4514 pkgsrc/doc/CHANGES
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.