Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/samba/patches
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/11/2004 02:27:09
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Sun Jan 11 02:27:09 UTC 2004
Update net/samba to 3.0.1. Major changes from version 2.2.8anb6 include:
* Active Directory support. Samba is able to join a ADS realm as
a member server and authenticate using LDAP/Kerberos.
* Unicode support.
* New, more flexible authentication (passdb) system.
* A new "net" command that is similar to the "net" command in Windows.
* Samba now negotiates NT-style status32 codes on the wire, which
greatly improves error handling.
* Better Windows 2K/2K3/XP printing support.
* Loadable module support for passdb backends and character sets.
* More performant winbindd.
* Support for migrating from a Windows NT4 domain to a Samba domain
and maintaining user, group, and domain SIDs.
* Support for establishing trust relationships with Windows NT4 DCs.
* Initial support for a distributed Winbind architecture using an
LDAP directory for storing SID-to-uid/gid mappings.
* Major updates to the Samba documentation tree.
* Full support for client and server SMB signing to ensure
compatibility with default Windows 2K3 security settings.
* Improvement of ACL mapping features.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/net/samba/patches/patch-aj
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.