Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <email@example.com>
Date: 12/29/2003 12:20:48
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: grant
Date: Mon Dec 29 12:20:48 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Updated p5-Log-Dispatch to 2.08.
changes since 1.79:
2.08 Nov 27, 2003
- Added Log::Dispatch->would_log method, which indicates whether
logging will be done for a given log level.
- Switched tests to use Test::More.
2.07 Sep 27, 2003
- Added Log::Dispatch::File::Locked. Based on code from JAA Klunder.
- Check all system call return values.
- Fix warning from Log::Dispatch::File if it was loaded after
Attribute::Handlers. Reported by Mike Schilli.
- Fixed up POD to pass pod tests.
2.06 May 1, 2003
- Added a permissions parameter to Log::Dispatch::File->new. Based on
a patch from James FitzGibbon.
2.05 Apr 18, 2003
- Changed a code construct that seems to provoke a bug for Meng Wong,
but no one else ;)
- Switched to Module::Build and removed interactive portion of
- Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSender was causing Mail::Sender to send
debug output to STDERR if warnings were on. Now it's not.
2.04 Mar 21, 2003 (the "not in my name" release)
- The close_after_write option didn't actually do anything. Fixed by
2.03 Feb 27, 2003
- Log::Dispatch::ApacheLog would break if a log level was specified as
a number. Reported by Kevin Goess.
2.02 Feb 20, 2003
- Added close_after_write option to Log::Dispatch::File. Based on
patch from JAA Klunder.
2.01 Jun 21, 2002
- Added new module Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSender, provided by
- Log::Dispatch::Output now contains "use Log::Dispatch".
- Now requires Params::Validate, which is used to validate parameter
for constructors and some other methods.
- Add an 'autoflush' option to Log::Dispatch::File objects. Suggested
by Jerrad Pierce.
- Added some error checking to ::Email::MailSend.
- Changed a carp to a warn in ::Email::MailSendmail.
- Only warn if $^W is true.
2.00 Apr 11, 2002
** BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBILITY ALERT **
- Use a standard hash reference for objects instead of pseudo-hashes.
** THIS MAY BREAK EXISTING SUBCLASSES **.
- Log::Dispatch::Screen claimed it defaulted to using STDERR but it
was lying, it defaulted to using STDOUT. This has been changed so
that it really does default to STDERR. Reported by James FitzGibbon.
1.80 Oct 27, 2001
- Log::Dispatch::Syslog no longer requires syslog.ph for Perl >=5.006.
Patch by Benoit Beausejour.
- If you passed a mode parameter to Log::Dispatch::File it always
thought the mode was append, no matter what was passed. Patch from
- Log::Dispatch::File no longer uses IO::File internally.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r126.96.36.199 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Log-Dispatch/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.