Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/23/2003 11:45:05
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Tue Dec 23 11:45:05 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.0alpha1. This is the first version of the development branch.
I'm updating the package to this version because it should fix many
portability issues (avoiding the installation of GNU tools), and because
it is a lot safer when modifying existing catalog files (not line oriented
any more and with real file locking).
I've tested the program under several other systems and platforms (including
FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris, the later with the sunpro compiler too), and it
built and worked fine. Thanks to simonb@ for testing under an Alpha system
Change log follows:
Released on 2003/12/23, its state was alpha.
* xmlcatmgr has been completely rewritten in C. Even though, command line
compatibility has been kept, so that existing scripts using this program
do not break.
* Buildtool is not used any more. A custom build infrastructure has been
implemented, as something small and very portable was needed.
* Added the `lookup' action, used to search for entries in catalogs.
* Added real parsers to manipulate SGML and XML catalogs. The program is
not line oriented any more, thus beeing a lot more flexible.
* Multiple race conditions fixed, which were unavoidable from a shell
* Better handling of special characters and spaces in strings, difficult
to handle from shell scripts.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/textproc/xmlcatmgr/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.