Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/grepmail
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/18/2003 14:24:01
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: grant
Date: Thu Dec 18 14:24:01 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/mail/grepmail: Makefile distinfo
Updated grepmail to 5.22.
Major changes since 5.00:
New in version 5.22:
- X-Mailfolder header no longer has a line number when -n is used. (bugfix by
Kevin Pfeiffer <email@example.com>)
- New -B flag prints abbreviated headers (initial patch by Kevin Pfeiffer
- Headers spanning multiple lines are now printed correctly in warnings and
- Fixed a spurious warning which would be printed if caching was not enabled.
- grepmail will now disable caching if the caching version of
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser can not be loaded, instead of exiting.
New in version 5.21:
- Fixed line ending bugs under MS-DOS/Windows.
New in version 5.20:
- Added speed testing to the distribution
- Fixed Makefile.PL so that test modules would not be installed.
- Changed testing to use PERLRUN instead of FULLPERLRUN, which is not
available with older versions of MakeMaker that ship with older versions of
Perl. (Thanks to Ed Avis <firstname.lastname@example.org> for catching this.)
- Fixed interactive installation problems. (Thanks to Joey Hess
<email@example.com> for catching this (again).)
- Fixed broken searching of $HOME/mail, $HOME/Mail, and $HOME/Mailbox
directories when a mail folder can not be found. Changed $MAIL to $MAILDIR
since $MAIL usually points to the user's inbox. (Bug found and initial patch
by Peter Cordes <firstname.lastname@example.org>.)
- Cache file permissions are now set to protect against prying eyes. (Patch by
Joey Hess <email@example.com>)
- The user can now specify the cache file location with the -C flag.
- Fixed compatibility problems with perl 5.005_01
New in version 5.10:
- Extracted mail parsing into the new Mail::Mbox::MessageParser module.
- Fixed small performance loss bugs in short-circuit matching of headers which
were introduced in the last version
- Fixed some uses of uninitialized values (Originally reported by Ed Avis
- Improved performance a bit.
- The Makefile.PL now uses the default values when run non-interactively.
- Caching is now enabled by default. (It's no longer experimental.) Users can
disable it during installation.
- Date specifications without times (e.g. "today") are interpreted as midnight
of the given day instead of the current time of that day. grepmail now
relies on Date::Manip to handle this--users must upgrade Date::Manip to get
this support. (Thanks to Reuben Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org> for working with
Sullivan Beck <email@example.com> to get TodayIsMidnight added to
Date::Manip. Original bug report by Philip Douglass
- Restructured test cases
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/mail/grepmail/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/mail/grepmail/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.