Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/gpa
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/14/2003 15:12:11
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Dec 14 15:12:11 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/security/gpa: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 0.7.0:
Noteworthy changes in version 0.7.0 (2003-10-22)
* Long file operations no longer block GPA, so several operations can be
run at the same time. This also means GPA does not freeze while an operation
runs, leading to a more responsive interface.
* The keyring editor now displays all the subkeys of the currently selected
key. This is only visible if GPA is in advanced mode (available from the
* The capabilities of a key (certify, sign, encrypt) are now visible from
the keyring editor.
* The keyring editor can now sort keys by any column. By default, they are
listed in the order they were imported into the keyring (i.e. the same order
as "gpg --list-keys").
* The key list is now displayed while it is being filled, allowing for
faster startup times.
* A warning dialog is now displayed when an operation slows down due to
gpg rebuilding the trust database.
* Imports and exports from files and servers have been separated into
different dialogs and menu options.
* Invoking GPA with file names as arguments will open those files in the
* Cosmetical and minor fixes to the file manager window.
* GPA now remembers the brief/detailed setting view and restores it
when GPA is started.
* Removed all deprecated widgets. GPA is now pure GTK+ 2.2.
* Fixed a hang on startup on PowerPC machines.
Noteworthy changes in version 0.6.1 (2003-01-29)
* Added a popup menu to the keyring view, with all the common operations.
* Keys' expiration dates can be choosen by clicking on a calendar.
* The key generation dialogs have been revamped to use GTK+2 stock widgets.
* The passphrase for a key can be changed from the edit key dialog.
* Revoked user names are properly treated. They are not displayed, save in
the details notebook, and then they are clearly marked as revoked.
* GPA now uses the standard GTK+ file selection dialog.
* Added Swedish translation.
* Many other bugfixes, including several portability issues.
Noteworthy changes in version 0.6.0 (2002-12-24)
* GPA now supports GnuPG 1.2 or later, thanks to it's use of GPGME.
* All the user preferences are set from a single dialog, and automatically
saved in gpa.conf, including the default keyserver and the use of
advanced/simple UI mode.
* The `--advanced-ui' command line options has been removed, as it is
available within the program itself.
* The new `-f' and `-k' options can be used to launch the keyring editor,
the file manager, or both on startup.
* All the user ID's in a key are now displayed in the `Details' section, and
in most dialogs.
* Key signatures are now displayed individually for each User ID, or in a
global listing for the key.
* The usual `Copy' and `Paste' commands can be used to import and export keys
from the clipboard.
* The `Edit key' option is now only available for private keys. Setting the
ownertrust of a key is now an independent operation.
* After every import operation, the user is informed of how many keys have
* Errors or keyserver operations are now reported to the user.
* The `Verify file' dialog has been completely revamped to allow
verification of several files at the same time.
* Added Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish translations.
* The user interface has been updated to use GTK+ 2.0 and stock items.
Noteworthy changes in version 0.5.0 (2002-02-25)
* The file selection dialog has been significantly changed from the
standard GTK+ file selection dialog to look more like what users
of MS-Windows are accustomed to.
* "Show Details" in the menu of the file manager is now named
"Verify Signatures", and it is now accessible through an icon in
the tool bar, too.
* Keyserver access via a direct HTTP request now allows for
searching for keys on keyservers.
* GPAPA's output is now gettext()ified.
* The standard key is now remembered in `gpa.conf'.
* The "Sign File" dialog has been simplified.
* The creation of a backup copy of your public and private keys
works now. It is remembered in `gpa.conf'. If a backup does not
yet exist, the user is asked at startup to create one.
* GPA now has a nice icon in the upper left corner of its window. :-)
* Many bugfixes (for instance: crashes when signing files and keys,
handling of spaces in file names, etc.).
* Makefiles do contain `-mwindows' now to suppress the console
* The "Help" menus is now called "Info". The license is displayed
in the (unofficial) German translation now. (This should be
improved to honor "locale" settings.)
* GPA is now ready to compile with GTK+ version 2 once it is
* In the key manager, there are now menu entries for key operations.
* A secret key without a matching public key is now warned about.
* Keys now can be imported from and exported to the MS Windows
* Secret keys can be imported now.
* When a key is generated, a passphrase which is too stupid is
* There now is an icon in the tool bar to switch from the keyring
manager to the file manager.
* GPA can now be compiled using a standard GNU toolchain.
In particular it can be cross-compiled from GNU/Linux to
mingw32/MS-Windows (which is what we did for the GnuPP CD),
or compiled natively under MS-Windows using CygWin.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/security/gpa/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/security/gpa/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/security/gpa/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/security/gpa/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.