Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/xmule
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/03/2003 13:04:30
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmmv
Date: Wed Dec 3 13:04:30 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/net/xmule: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.7.1. IIUC, this is the unstable branch, but AFAIK it is far more
stable than the last 1.6.1 version, and connects to a lot more servers, so here
is the update.
* FIXED: A bug that would cause approx 5% download sources to be deleted
* FIXED: aMule 1.1.2 bug in their ZLib implementation (look for "FIXME" in
their code heh).
* FIXED: Removed the undefined VoidList warning in mfc.cpp.
* Added ZLIB support to xMule, based on aMule 1.1.1, which is based on eMule
* Changed target minimum speed for each upload from 3000 bytes/sec to
* Implemented nearly 100% of aMule-1,1,2's network modifications that worked.
* Client now masquerades as eMule v0.34 heh.
* Download list now refreshes in *real* time. No more seconds delay.
* Less waiting for downloads! Fixed a broken if statement that was tossing
out some of the early download connections.
DongCheon Park's contributions:
* Updated the Korean translation files for new features in 1.7.x.
* There are no known exploits in this version.
* Lots of fixed memleaks and cpuleaks.
* Extended support for more eMule v3x protocol changes.
* Enhanced transfer controls.
* Supports every eDonkey server.
* FIXED: endless loop in sending UDP packets.
* FIXED: a possibly exploitable bug as noticed by S. Esser from e-matters
(#3 "Servername Format String Vulnerabilities").
* FIXED: new downloads assigned to random category.
* FIXED: Bug rehashing a part file.
* FIXED: Various minor problems found by malloc debuggers.
* FIXED: Bug using MFC CMap.
* Speed up the initial sharing by making KnowFileList a hash map.
* Remove the assign to category context menu entry only if it was
* Reimplemented hashing thread.
* Removed unused locks. As the NetBSD team pointed out they are
causing problems on their system because it does core dump on
unlocking a mutex that was not locked.
* Made the title for systray the same as for the main dialog.
* Never share a file twice.
* Check size of OP_SERVERSTATUS packet more strictly.
* Do not display the unit for file size twice in shared file list web page.
* Make xmule not to send the MOD_VERSION information. This does avoid a
problem with the LSD mod and other xmules.
* Added check for libm to configure.in.
* Avoid accepting an unrequested hashset.
* Removed memory leak from hashing thread.
* Implemented rescaling of the graph of currently active connections.
* Remove invalid gap information entries which might be caused by
incomplete part.met files.
* Removed all font specifications from the XML resources.
* Do not start a search after adding an ED2K-Link.
* Enable clipping in download list control.
* Possible fix for some problems while ending the program.
* Keep the requested file in sync with the part status in CUpDownClient.
* Imported from eMule:
- Source exchange v2
- Do not swap a source to a stopped file.
- Up-/download auto-priority
- Request of shared files by directory.
- "Obtained Parts" bar in the shared files list
* FIXED: Bug that kept auto-backtrace from occuring in Linux.
* FIXED: Rare crash occuring in Preferences->Directories.
* FIXED: Optimization and compilation warnings using -O2 with GCC 3.3.x.
* FIXED: Two memleaks in ClientCreditList.cpp.
* FIXED: Several GCC 3.4 problems.
* FIXED: Several Intel C++ problems.
* Added more support for Solaris, thanks to wimms.
* Corrected various Linux-specific #ifdefs.
* Now masquerades as eMule v0.31 in order to use hostile eMule servers.
* Added initial support for GCC 3.2+ AthlonXP optimizations.
* Added initial support for wxGTK 2.5.1.
* Two tweaks to make SuSE builds less CPU-intensive.
* New build system, easier to maintain and automake free. Yay!
* Streamlined included images: now only necessary ones are there.
* Added initial support for JusSx's ed2k+ daemon.
* Added initial support for Hetfield's systray daemon.
* Added initial support for my telnet/ssh/www daemon.
NetBSD team's contributions:
* FIXED: bug with the mutex protecting calls to gethostbyname.
* Try to increase some resource limitation to the permitted maximum.
* Fix images in transfer list web page.
* Fixed the mfc.h warnings at lines 418, 423,
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/net/xmule/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/net/xmule/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/xmule/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.