Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/chat/silc-server
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <email@example.com>
Date: 10/16/2003 12:37:44
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: salo
Date: Thu Oct 16 12:37:44 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/chat/silc-server: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/files: silcd.generic silcd.sh
Updated to version 0.9.14.
This version is a major upgrade release and everyone running older version is
strongly recommended to upgrade to this version. This version introduces
several bugfixes, security fixes and bunch of new features. This also
completes the development work for the SILC protocol version 1.2.
- removed patch-ac, merged into distribution
- create server keys with strict permissions
- Several bugfixes and security fixes were made. A major remote exploit
was also fixed.
- The SILC Server now ignores SIGXFSZ and SIGXCPU signals which will
terminate the process if they occur. They can occur in poorly
- Fixed SERVER_SIGNOFF notify handling which caused ghosts to remain in
- Fixed inviting and banning by public key. Fixed invite and ban string
handling. Implemented SILC 1.2 complying invite and ban data
distribution between routers and servers. To also comply with SILC 1.2,
prohibited using '@' and '!' characters in invite and ban strings.
- Support for channel public keys added. A new feature in SILC 1.2, that
allows join authentication using digital signatures. Use the latest
SILC Client to take advantage of this feature.
- Support for SILC 1.2 backup protocol. This version introduces rewritten
version of the backup router protocol. The purpose of the backup router
protocol is to prevent servers from splitting from the rest of the SILC
network if the primary router becomes unresponsive. There are no
changes to the configuration of the backup router support, and old
configurations will work with this version too.
This version is now able to detect much better different network failure
situations and understand how to work with them. The servers are now
able to actually detect when the backup router can/must be used. They
are also able, in case of error in backup router protocol, to resume
back to either to the backup router or to the primary router, and always
recover from desyncs automatically (usually within 60 seconds).
- Support for command reply error arguments was added. This allows
clients to better handle error conditions within command execution.
- The founder public key distribution now complies with the SILC 1.2.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.25 -r1.26 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.19 -r1.20 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/files/silcd.generic
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/files/silcd.sh
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r0 pkgsrc/chat/silc-server/patches/patch-ac
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.