Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/py-dns
To: None <pkgsrc-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 08/18/2003 04:02:49
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: gson
Date: Mon Aug 18 04:02:48 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/net/py-dns: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update py-dns to 1.1.0.
Summary of changes from 1.0.0:
* Message sections are now lists of RRsets, not lists of nodes.
* Nodes no longer have names; owner names are associated with
nodes in the Zone object's nodes dictionary.
* Many tests have been added to the test suite; dnspython 1.0.0
had 47 tests, 1.1.0 has 275. The improved testing uncovered a
number of bugs, all of which have been fixed.
* The NameDict class provides a dictionary whose keys are DNS
names. In addition to behaving like a normal Python dictionary,
it also provides the get_deepest_match() method. If, for
example, you had a dictionary containing the keys foo.com and
com, then get_deepest_match() of the name a.b.foo.com would
match the foo.com key.
* A new Renderer class for those applications which want finer
control over the DNS wire format message generation process.
* Support for a "TooBig" exception if the size of wire format
output exceeds a specified limit.
* Zones now have find_rrset() and find_rdataset() convenience
methods. They let you retrieve rdata with the specified name
and type in one call, e.g.:
rrset = zone.find_rrset('foo', 'mx')
* Other new zone convenience methods include: find_node(),
delete_node(), delete_rdataset(), replace_rdataset(),
iterate_rdatasets(), and iterate_rdatas().
* get_ variants of find_ methods are provided; the difference is
that get_ methods return None if the desired object doesn't
exist, whereas the find_ methods raise an exception.
* Zones now have a to_file() method.
* The message and zone from_file() methods allow Unicode filenames
on platforms (and versions of python) which support
them. Universal newline support is also used if available.
* The Zone class now implements more of the standard mapping
interface. E.g. you can say zone.keys(), zone.get('name'),
zone.iteritems(), etc. __iter__() has been changed to iterate
the keys rather than values to match the standard mapping
* Rdatasets support more set operations
* Zone and Node factories may be specified, allowing applications
to subclass Zone or Node and yet still use the algorithms which
build zones from master files or AXFR data.
* dns.ipv6.inet_ntoa() now minimizes the text representation of
IPv6 addresses in the usual way,
e.g. "0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001" is minimized to
* dns.query functions now take an optional address family parameter.
All known bugs from 1.0.0 are fixed in this release.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/net/py-dns/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r188.8.131.52 -r1.2 pkgsrc/net/py-dns/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/py-dns/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.