Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/hdf5
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jason Beegan <email@example.com>
Date: 04/29/2003 23:05:24
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jtb
Date: Tue Apr 29 23:05:24 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/devel/hdf5: Makefile PLIST buildlink2.mk distinfo
Update to version 1.4.5.
* Allow scalar dataspaces to be used for parallel I/O. QAK - 2002/11/05
* Added environment variable "HDF5_DISABLE_VERSION_CHECK", which disables
the version checking between the header files and the library linked
into an application if set to '1'. This should be used with caution,
mis-matched headers and library binaries can cause _serious_ problems.
QAK - 2002/10/15
* Partially fixed space allocation inefficiencies in the file by
improving our algorithms for re-using freed space. QAK - 2002/08/27
* API tracing has been improved. Nested API calls don't screw up the
output format; function call and return event times can be logged;
total time spent in each function can be logged. The following
HDF5_DEBUG environment variable words affect tracing:
trace -- turn on/off basic tracing
ttimes -- turn on tracing and report event times and
time spent in each API function.
ttop -- turn on tracing but display only top-level
* Several missing fortran APIs have been added to the library:
h5get_libversion_f h5tget_member_index_f h5dget_storage_size_f
h5check_version_f h5tvlen_create_f h5dvlen_get_max_len_f
Functions h5dvlen_get_max_len_f, h5dwrite_vl_f, and h5dread_vl_f support
VL Length C APIs functionality for integer, real and string datatypes.
See HDF5 Reference Manual and HDF5 FORTRAN90 User's Notes for more
information and for the functions description.
* H5Fopen without the H5F_ACC_CREAT flag should not succeed in creating
a new file with the 'core' VFL driver. QAK - 2003/01/24
* Corrected metadata caching bug in parallel I/O which could cause hangs
when chunked datasets were accessed with independent transfer mode.
QAK - 2003/01/23
* Allow opening objects with unknown object header messages.
QAK - 2003/01/21
* Added improved error assertion for nil VL strings. It return error
stack instead of a simple assertion. SLU - 2002/12/16
* Fixed h5dump bug(cannot dump data and datatype) for VL string.
SLU - 2002/11/18
* Fixed error condition where "none" selections were not being handled
correctly in serial & parallel. QAK - 2002/10/29
* Fixed problem where optimized hyperslab routines were incorrectly
invoked for parallel I/O operations in collective mode. QAK - 2002/07/22
* Fixed metadata corruption problem which could occur when many objects
are created in a file during parallel I/O. QAK - 2002/07/19
* Fixed minor problem with configuration when users specified /usr/include
and /usr/lib for the --with-* options that some compilers can't
handle. BW - 2003/01/23
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/buildlink2.mk
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/devel/hdf5/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.