Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/algae
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Jason Beegan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/29/2003 22:15:29
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jtb
Date: Tue Apr 29 22:15:28 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/math/algae: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/math/algae/patches: patch-ab patch-ac patch-ae
Update to version 4.1.2.
* New try/catch mechanism for control of exception handling.
* Fixed memory leaks in solve and svd.
* Builtin `tril' and `triu' functions -- sparse arrays stay sparse.
* Fixed integer overflow problems in `band' and `cram'.
* Incorporated the SuperLU package for solving sparse linear
systems. Previously, sparse systems were converted to dense and
solved with LAPACK (unless configured with BCSLIB-EXT).
* Included support for memory allocation debugging with dmalloc.
* Improved the logical operations to do a much better job at
* New standard function `select'.
* Changes to the matrix bandwidth minimization code. The old `band'
function is now called `gpskca' and can do either profile or
bandwidth minimization of symmetric or hermitian matrices. Matrix
statistics are computed by the new `band' function.
* New standard functions `linspace' and `logspace'.
* New standard function `equilibrate' computes scale factors to
improve the condition of a matrix. However, sparse code has not
yet been included.
* Fixed several deficiencies in the `transform' function.
* Removed old get_ascii and put_ascii functions. I doubt if anyone
has used these in the last decade. To read and write matrices in
text files, use the algae MatrixMarket package.
* Fixed several errors with hermitian symmetry.
* Fixed mishandling of sparse matrix multiplication case where
non-zero factors give a zero result.
* Added "short-circuit" logical operators && and ||.
* Added the `cram' builtin function -- it's the same as `form'
except the output array is sparse when that makes sense.
* Added the `product' user function -- product of array elements.
* Added `mksparse' and `exsparse' functions for converting matrices
to and from coordinate form.
* Switched to LAPACK's DGGEV now that DGEGV is deprecated. Also use
the new workspace size query feature in LAPACK, rather than
working it out ourselves.
* Use LAPACK's ZHEGV and ZGGEV for complex generalized eigenvalue
* Use floating point exception support from glibc 2.2 on Linux.
* Improved accuracy and behavior for complex arguments in functions
`log', `asin', and `acos'.
* Added inverse hyperbolic trig functions `asinh', `acosh', and `atanh'.
* Various minor bug fixes.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/math/algae/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r22.214.171.124 -r1.2 pkgsrc/math/algae/PLIST pkgsrc/math/algae/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r126.96.36.199 -r1.2 pkgsrc/math/algae/patches/patch-ab \
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/math/algae/patches/patch-af
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.