Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 04/16/2003 08:53:49
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed Apr 16 08:53:49 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Update to 2.1.4, provided by Christopher Richards in PR 21191.
Extract of changes:
- a fix in the Gzip stream reader, it couldn't read certain .gz files
properly due to a small typo. In certain cases, FreeType could also
loop endlessly when trying to load tiny gzipped files.
- certain fonts couldn't be loaded by 2.1.3 because they lacked a
Unicode charmap (e.g. SYMBOL.TTF). FreeType erroneously rejected
- the CFF loader was modified to accept fonts which only
contain a subset of their reference charset. This prevented the
correct use of PDF-embedded fonts.
- the logic to detect Unicode charmaps has been modified. this is required
to support fonts which include both 16-bit and 32-bit charmaps (like
very recent asian ones) using the new 10 and 12 SFNT formats.
- the TrueType loader now limits the depth of composite glyphs. This is
necessary to prevent broken fonts to break the engine by blowing the
stack with recursive glyph definitions.
- the CMap cache is now capable of managing UCS-4 character codes that
are mapped through extended charmaps in recent TrueType/OpenType fonts
- the cache sub-system now properly manages out-of-memory conditions,
instead of blindly reporting them to the caller. This means that it
will try to empty the cache before restarting its allocations to see
if that can help.
- the PFR driver didn't return the list of available embedded bitmaps
- David Chester contributed some enhancements to the auto-hinter that
significantly increase the quality of its output. The Postscript hinter
was also improved in several ways..
- the FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT render mode was implemented
- a new API, called FT_Get_BDF_Property has been added to FT_BDF_H to
retrieve BDF properties from BDF _and_ PCF font files. THIS IS STILL
EXPERIMENTAL, since it hasn't been properly tested yet.
- a Windows FNT specific API has been added, mostly to access font
headers. This is used by Wine
- TrueType tables without a "hmtx" table are now tolerated when an
incremental interface is used. This happens for certain Type42 fonts
passed from Ghostscript to FreeType.
- the PFR font driver is now capable of returning the font family and
style names when they're available (instead of the sole "FontID"). This
is performed by parsing an *undocumented* portion of the font file !!
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.