Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/editors/jed
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/05/2003 23:29:42
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Apr 5 20:29:42 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/editors/jed: MESSAGE Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 0.99.16, provided by Joerg Klemenz in PR 18937.
Changes since B0.99-15
1. lib/edt.sl: Hard-coded escape sequences \e= and \e> were swapped.
This affected the use of the application keypad on systems that did
not have terminfo entries specifying these strings.
2. src/file.c: if write failed, report errno and num failed bytes.
3. src/screen.c: Unlock buffer files when exiting as a result of a
4. lib/cmode.sl: c_indent_line would auto-insert // even when
configured not to do so by the user.
5. lib/site.sl: Collapse multiple occurances of / characters in
filenames that appear on the command line.
6. src/ledit.c: If a file to be loaded really a directory, then skip it.
7. src/*.c: use _SLvsnprintf instead of vprintf to
avoid buffer overflows. Also use safe_strcpy instead of strcpy.
8. src/sysdep.c: tweak to expand_filename to deal with very large
filenames (much larger than OS permits).
9. lib/compress.sl: avoid using a regexp to get extname.
10. src/pty.c: tweaked for compiling with CYGWIN--- Requires slang
1.4.5 if you intend to build a cygwin version.
11. src/main.c: If jed-script is symlinked to jed, then the result is
equivalent to running jed with the -script option. This is useful
for using jed in an executable script, e.g.,
vmessage ("Script name: %s", __argv);
Also, if the script defines a function called "jedscript_main",
then that function will get called after the file is loaded.
12. doc/rtl/keys.tm: get_key_binding documentation corrected by
13. lib/filter.sl: filter_region function was not working.
14. src/menu.c: New function: menu_select_menu. This enables a menu
item to be executed from a function call, e.g.,
menu_select_menu ("Global.W&indows.&Color Schemes");
will popup the color-schemes menu.
15. src/ledit.c: bug-fix involving loading files such as xxx-1.0.sl
when loaded as ()=evalfile("xxx-1.0").
16. src/colors.c: new intrinsics: get_color, add_color_object. The
idea behind these was conceived by Francesc Rocher. A
"custom_color" function analogous to "custom_variable" was also
17. src/wterm.c: patch from Paul Shirley
to have ALT keys return scancodes instead of win32 virtual keycodes.
18. doc/tm/rtl/*.tm: Fixed synopsis lines and various other
documentation improvments (Guenter Milde)
19. src/indent.c: New intrinsic: what_syntax_table returns the name of
the current syntax table.
20. src/unix.c: fixed a problem in the filename expansion routines
that affects older systems that do not have glob.h.
21. lib/site.sl: If Tab_Always_Insert_Tabs is non-zero, the pressing
the tab key will cause a tab to be inserted. The default value is
22. When objects (files or buffers) are loaded, they are given the
full path name. This means that the slang pseudo-variable
__FILE__ will expand to the full pathname of the file being loaded.
23. lib/cmode.sl: treat formfeeds like whitespace
24. lib/comments.sl: Add support for java comments (Nathan Smith)
25. lib/os.sl: x_*_selection functions aliased to x_*_cutbuffer if
undefined. This permitted #ifdefs to be removed from lib/mouse.sl
to avoid problems with mouse.sl byte-compiled with jed but used
26. src/xterm.c: Handle selection events while waiting for keyboard
input. This allows, e.g., x_insert_selection to be bound to a key.
27. src/indent.c: Added support for a second string character to the
syntax tables. This improves the highlighting of, e.g., python
code which uses two string characters.
28. lib/pymode.sl: minor cleanups.
29. src/wterm.c, w32cons.c: make NumLock return ESC O P when
NUMLOCK_IS_GOLD is set. Hopefully EDT emulation will now work
properly on win32 systems.
30. src/menu.c: Ctrl-G causes abortion of menu mode.
31. src/wterm.c: drag/drop functionality for wjed ("John Skilleter")
32. lib/html.sl: updated to support euro, etc. (Kees Serier)
33. src/win32.c:w32_pclose: add a work-around to what may be a Borland
compiler bug. ("John Skilleter")
34. src/xterm.c: internal border width of the of xjed window is now
configurable via -ib xjed option (Jim Clifton)
35. lib/krconv.sl: respect the value of C_BRA_NEWLINE
36. src/buffer.c,ledit.c: If a file is read through a symbolic link,
set the name of the buffer to the name of the symlink and not the
actual file. This is allows e.g., foo.c --> /dev/c/0013
to be interpreted as a C file.
37. src/win32.c: differentiate between (shift|alt|ctrl)-backspace
38. src/cmisc.sl: Make c_end_of_function symmetric with
c_top_of_function. (Reuben Thomas)
39. src/wterm.c: fix problem with calculation of font-height for wjed.
Also added new intrinsic for setting the font: w32_select_font
40. New internal hooks added: _jed_before_key_hooks, _jed_after_key_hooks
41. lib/wmark.sl: rewritten to use _jed_before/after_key hooks. The
result is that one is now able to use the regions with menu and
42. lib/popups.sl: Edit menu enhanced with more region functions.
Register functions moved to region functions popup.
43. src/menu.c: disabled access to the menus from the minibuffer
44. lib/cmode.sl: added mode-specific menu entries to list all
functions and macros defined by the file. This affects C mode and
45. New intrinsics: exit, _exit. These are useful in jed scripts to
return an exit value to the shell. exit is like exit_jed and
_exit is like quit_jed except an argument is required.
46. lib/tmmode.sl: This file implements the tm_mode for editing
text-macro files. In addition, the text-macro processing code
(textmac.sl) was removed from the jed distribution as well as
lib/tm/*. Instead, the text-macro processing code and macros will
be made available as a separate package.
47. src/sig.c: Changed the way SIGHUP and SIGTERM are handled to avoid
a possible race condition.
48. lib/latex.sl,ltx-math.sl: If another tex file was loaded while
latex math mode was active, then latex_math_mode would cease to
work in the first buffer. This has been fixed.
49. lib/perl.sl: Updated to Mark Olesen's latest version. See
lib/perl.sl for details.
50. lib/sccs.sl: New file supporting SCCS revision control (Philip
51. src/intrin.c: New intrinsic function: run_program. This plays the
same role as the "system" function except jed resets the display
first, if run in a terminal. For X, it runs the specified program
in another xterm, or the terminal set by the XTerm_Pgm variable.
*** Note: This function needs to be fixed to work asynchronously
on win32. Any volunteers??
52. src/xterm.c: Added Charl Botha's XRENDER patch to Xjed.
53. lib/ide.sl: Remove references to ide_function_help (Guido Gonzato).
54. lib/site.sl: save_buffer was not calling read_file_from_mini
without a prompt string <klaus.schmid at kdt.de>
55. doc/tm/*.tm: removed docs for obsolete functions <klaus.schmid at kdt.de>
56. lib/mouse.sl: wheel mouse was not ignoring hidden lines
<klaus.schmid at kdt.de>
57. lib/f90.sl: Merged fix and free formats into the same file. In
addition to f90_mode, there is now f90_fixed_format_mode and
f90_free_format_mode. The default format for f90_mode is "free",
which may be set via the F90_Default_Format variable.
58. lib/registers.sl: rewritten to allow registers to be given
meaningful names by the user. Also, fixed limit of 95 registers
59. lib/folding.sl: Fixed endless loop during a call to
fold_whole_buffer when a fold-start mark is at the end of the
buffer. Several other tweaks aimed at preserving the current
position when closing folds (klaus.schmid at kdt.de)
60. lib/edt.sl: multiple definition of exit corrected
(joukj at hrem.stm.tudelft.nl (Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen))
61. lib/search.sl,isearch.sl: If the search string contains any upper case
characters then a case-sensitive search will be performed.
62. src/mkfiles/makefile.all: Add CFLAGS macro to MINGW32/CYGWIN32
section. Miquel Garriga <miquel at icmab.es>
63. src/screen.c: Make the [EOB] line read-only. Miquel Garriga <miquel at icmab.es>
64. src/version.c: Use __MINGW32_VERSION if defined to get the
compiler version. Miquel Garriga <miquel at icmab.es>
65. lib/os.sl: make sure W32shell_Perform_Globbing is declared. Miquel Garriga <miquel at icmab.es>
66. lib/cal.sl: avoid interpretation of 08 in dates as octal. Miquel Garriga <miquel at icmab.es>
67. src/screen.c: %F may be used to specify complete pathname on the
mode-line. (John Skilleter).
68. doc/tm/keys.tm: get_key_binding documentation corrected. (Klaus
Schmid <klaus.schmid at kdt.de>)
69. src/mkfiles/makefile.all: Make sure CFLAGS defines JED. Also add
support for creating wjed in cygwin environment (Paul
70. New intrinsic: expand_symlink expands symbolic links
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/editors/jed/MESSAGE
cvs rdiff -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/editors/jed/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/editors/jed/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/editors/jed/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/editors/jed/patches/patch-ab
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.