Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/diffutils
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <email@example.com>
Date: 01/19/2003 07:15:22
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Jan 19 05:15:22 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/devel/diffutils: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.8.1:
* cmp and diff now conform to POSIX 1003.1-2001 (IEEE Std 1003.1-2001)
if the underlying system conforms to POSIX and if the _POSIX2_VERSION
environment variable is set to 200112. Conformance removes support
for `diff -NUM', where NUM is a number. Use -C NUM or -U NUM instead.
* cmp now supports trailing operands SKIP1 and SKIP2, like BSD cmp.
* cmp -i or --ignore-initial now accepts SKIP1:SKIP2 option value.
* New cmp option: -n or --bytes.
* cmp's old -c or --print-chars option has been renamed;
use -b or --print-bytes instead.
* cmp now outputs "byte" rather than "char" outside the POSIX locale.
* cmp -l's index column width now adjusts to fit larger (or smaller) files.
* cmp -l -s and cmp -s -l are not allowed. Use cmp -s or cmp -l instead.
* diff uses ISO 8601 style time stamps for output times (e.g. "2001-11-23
16:44:36.875702460 -0800") unless in the C or POSIX locale and the
-c style is specified.
* diff's -I and -F options use the regexp syntax of grep, not of Emacs.
* diff now accepts multiple context arguments, and uses their maximum value.
* New diff and sdiff options:
* New diff options:
* New diff3 and sdiff option:
* The following diff options are still accepted, but are no longer documented.
They may be withdrawn in future releases.
-h (omit; it has no effect)
-H (use --speed-large-files instead)
-L (use --label instead)
-P (use --unidirectional-new-file instead)
--inhibit-hunk-merge (omit; it has no effect)
* Recursive diffs now sort file names according to the LC_COLLATE locale
category if possible, instead of using native byte comparison.
* Diff printf specs can now use the "0" and "'" flags.
* The new sdiff interactive command `ed' precedes each version with a header.
* On 64-bit hosts, files larger than 2 GB can be compared.
* Some internationalization support has been added, but multibyte locales
are still not completely supported yet.
* Some diagnostics have been reworded slightly for consistency.
Also, `diff -D FOO' now outputs `/* ! FOO */' instead of `/* not FOO */'.
* The `patch' part of the manual now describes `patch' version 2.5.4.
* Man pages are now distributed and installed.
* There is support for DJGPP; see the 'ms' subdirectory and the files
m4/dos.m4 and */setmode.*.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/devel/diffutils/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/diffutils/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/diffutils/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.