Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/stunnel
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Martti Kuparinen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/18/2003 10:33:43
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: martti
Date: Sat Jan 18 08:33:43 UTC 2003
pkgsrc/security/stunnel: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Updated stunnel to 4.04 (upgrade to 4.03 provided by Juan RP in pkg/19310)
* New features sponsored by MAXIMUS http://www.maximus.com/
- New 'options' configuration option to setup
OpenSSL library hacks with SSL_CTX_set_options().
- 'service' option also changes the name for
TCP Wrappers access control in inetd mode.
- SSL is negotiated before connecting remote host
or spawning local process whenever possible.
- REMOTE_HOST variable is always placed in the
enrivonment of a process spawned with 'exec'.
- Whole SSL error stack is dumped on errors.
- Manual page updated (special thanks to Brian Hatch).
- New user interface (config file).
- Single daemon can listen on multiple ports, now.
- Delayed DNS lookup added.
* Other new features
- All the timeouts are now configurable including
TIMEOUTclose that can be set to 0 for MSIE and other
buggy clients that do not send close_notify.
- Stunnel process can be chrooted in a specified directory.
- Numerical values for setuid() and setgid() are allowed, now.
- Confusing code for setting certificate defaults introduced in
version 3.8p3 was removed to simplify stunnel setup.
There are no built-in defaults for CApath and CAfile options.
- Private key file for a certificate can be kept in a separate
file. Default remains to keep it in the cert file.
- Manual page updated.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.31 -r1.32 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/security/stunnel/patches/patch-ab
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.